Gibson Brands Forums

For a fried

J. R.

I need some help on dating a guitar I have, and also model number/name. It is an Epiphone that looks to be an SG copy. The headstock has Epiphone in cursive, with U.S.A. underneath. The trussrod cover reads "Special" in cursive. The serial number on the back of the headstock at the top is "82812537" and "MADE IN U.S.A." is stamped under that.

This guitar is very special to me, and plays like a dream. Ultra lightweight. I am very seriously considering sending it for a refurb. I think it would be worth it. Any help on dating/model information would be much appreciated. I am not having much luck.

I need some help on dating a guitar I have, and also model number/name. It is an Epiphone that looks to be an SG copy. The headstock has Epiphone in cursive, with U.S.A. underneath. The trussrod cover reads "Special" in cursive. The serial number on the back of the headstock at the top is "82812537" and "MADE IN U.S.A." is stamped under that.

This guitar is very special to me, and plays like a dream. Ultra lightweight. I am very seriously considering sending it for a refurb. I think it would be worth it. Any help on dating/model information would be much appreciated. I am not having much luck.

The Guitar Dater Project says:

This result is a match only if "Made in USA" on headstock

Your guitar was made at the Nashville Plant, TN, USA

on October 8th, 1982

Production Number: 37

Archived