Gibson Brands Forums

2012 ES 335 Serial Does Not Make Sense. Help?

senseiblackburn

Hey everyone. I just got a Memphis ES 335 for Christmas(I have a great wife!!!! LOL) it has a 8 digit serial number....the serial would indicate that it was built in 2012 however the "Date" on the Pre-Pack Checklist that comes with the guitar is dated 8-28-2014. The whole thing has me puzzled. My serial is 12264709. I am also curious about the Model number as it is: ESDP14CHNH1. Can anyone help me make sense of all of this?

thank you for your time and efforts.

... Can you shed light on the Model info ESDP14CHNH1? ...

Kind of . . . a number in the middle of the model# is a bit rare. Based I what I know of other model numbers -

ES - Electric Spanish guitar series

DP - Dot markers with Plain/Painted top

14 - sometimes a number here indicates the neck type (6=60s), but seems Gibson Memphis has been putting a two digit model year in this position since 2014

CH - Cherry Heritage finish

NH - Nickel Hardware

1 - right handed

When I tried to register my LP Double Cut, the man on the phone told me that the serial# came back to an SG. A WHAT?? They finally caved after I offered to send photos of it. So hopefully it is indeed registered as an LPDC and NOT an SG.

Hey Bill.

I got an old number from an LP DC - LPDCROCH1 - as you would expect - LP(Les Paul) DC(Double Cut) RO (ROot beer) CH(Chrome Hardware) . Is yours similar?

Kind of . . . a number in the middle of the model# is a bit rare. Based I what I know of other model numbers -

ES - Electric Spanish guitar series

DP - Dot markers with Plain/Painted top

14 - sometimes a number here indicates the neck type (6=60s), but seems Gibson Memphis has been putting a two digit model year in this position since 2014

CH - Cherry Heritage finish

NH - Nickel Hardware

1 - right handed

Thanks BigKahune!!! You have really helped! Mele Kalimaka Brah!

• 10 months later...

Archived