Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karloff

Anything new & cool ?

I have a flying lesson in a Tiger Moth.

Always had a passion for early biplane designs. I've flown in 2 seaters before but nothing like this. A gift from my son.

Chocks away, old chap! [thumbup]

What color is that? I can't wait to see what you do with it. With 24 frets, the p90 and hb routes, and small guard, it's a pretty badass starting point

The color is called Champagne Fade, nicer than what I expected, it is a really cool color.

I am going to install a DiMarzio Super Distortion and a Gibson mini humbucker (the recent version that has rails and a smooth cover rather than pole pieces), 50's wiring and push/pull to split the bridge pickup, so, nothing too crazy.

My other SG has 57's so I want this one to be a rocker. Cosmetically it's going to look cool, you'll see.

httpI got a vintage modified Jaguar in surf green

Like usual it didn't take

It didn't take?

Did you send it back?

i got a Gibson togoggan, a PRS tshirt & beer glass. was a light Christmas. we figured the new puppy was our gift to one another.

This was a very light Christmas for me and the wife. We did take care of the Children and the grandchildren, 6 Children and 16 Grands, about wiped us out and then my stay in the hospital is totaling out to $57,000. Not quite sure what my part of this is going to be, so we went very light for each other and made sure that the others all had a good Christmas morning. I do not need much and she lives for the grandkids, so she is happy to be able to do for them.

Hal Leonard's white pages volume 1-4 600 songs worth.plus 4 other songbooks. Also a fender paramount pm-1 limited guitar which won't be here til after the 9th. Mara bought me some guitar picks in very cool colors.

I had this Ampeg SVT-212AV finally show up. Something to perch the Super Bassman on top of.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

tTOOluU.jpg

1483048847[/url]' post='1822890']

It didn't take?

Did you send it back?

No, I have it, I just posted a photo of it and as usual, it didn't take again. I'll have to have my son take a look to see what's wrong with this computer again.

No, I have it, I just posted a photo of it and as usual, it didn't take again. I'll have to have my son take a look to see what's wrong with this computer again.

Ah, I thought you meant the new guitar wasn't working out for you. How do you like it?

1483197128[/url]' post='1823312']

Ah, I thought you meant the new guitar wasn't working out for you. How do you like it?

I love it a lot. Not used to a tremolo arm at all. It seemed to stick up way too high so I put it in a cloth and in my vise and bent the arm down a bit lower, now it seems perfect and I can pick while holding it in my hand. (Bending metal is my railroad career so I'm good at it.) I tried playing Pipeline and a couple of other songs hooked to my old Vox amp and I got this guitar sounding like the Ventures guitars. And I love that surf green color now.

My wife got a cappuccino machine and yesterday a drank two of them (they're really good) and had heart palpitations all afternoon.

Did it make you play solos faster, BBP? [flapper]

DSC_0317_zpsxvz3tdyz.jpg

This and another Fender case.

Awesome sounding thing, could easily become my number one!

But actually I put the Tele into the tweed case and the new black one for my Voodoo Strat, looks better in there.

As mentioned earlier, all I got was a single freaking pair of gloves. So I bought myself a Les Paul 60s Tribute P90. It finally got here and I don't like it at all. It feels like a $199 Epiphone. The finish sucks and the fret ends are sharp. Its going back. I bought a J-35 instead, which I should have tomorrow, so all is not lost!

Santa didn't exactly bring this for me… but he financed it with a gift card. [biggrin]

A Hercules Stands three-guitar stand! Love it. Love having quick access to my guitars (well, at least three of them).

15780915_1067391483390712_1600425078025316646_n_zpsaalqehjm.jpg

Santa also paid for a Roadrunner Telecaster case... which you will see in a "NGD" post, coming soon to a thread near you!

A little bit of purple lovin' ...............

101_1758_zpsuriczkgl.jpg

AND......even better........my MR Potato head Star Wars Set !!!!!!

Luke Frywalker, Darth Tater, and a Spud Trooper!!!!

spuds_zpsk0dryt8p.jpg

NHTom