Gibson Brands Forums

Carrie Fisher's gone now

IanHenry

I think I'll be glad when 2016 ends.

I figured that was coming. But 2016 isn't going to change things man. People croak every day. And the people we grew up with are getting up there. They will continue to drop off. 60 is way too young though.

I figured that was coming. But 2016 isn't going to change things man. People croak every day. And the people we grew up with are getting up there. They will continue to drop off. 60 is way too young though.

Yep, and hoping 2016 ends will not improve things. All our idols are reaching the end of their life spans.

I always really liked Carrie! First saw her in the movie, "Shampoo!" She had her "issues," like most of us do,

to one degree or another. But, she faced them, conquered and advocated for Mental Health issues, and did a lot

of good work, in film (beyond Star Wars)! But, of course, who couldn't fall in love with those big brown eyes? [love]

Princess-Leia-wallpaper-slave-girl_zpser5tsh7a.jpg

R.I.P. Carrie! Thank you, for the great roles, and other work!

CB

So obviously the first thing I remember seeing her in was "Star Wars", but I remember her later hosting Saturday Night Live and being so impressed with her. She could have been huge as a comedienne, I believe, and I really enjoyed her parts in some of the comedies she was in during the 80s.

I believe I read they filmed scenes already with her for the next "Star Wars" movie, I hope they will figure a way to give her a hero's death. She will be missed.

I'm one of the few who never liked Star Wars and even as a kid never cared for it, BUT Carrie Fisher was in my favourite movie of all time. Forget Star Wars, 'The 'Burbs' (with Carrie as Tom Hanks wife) was the finest movie she was in IMO. So RIP Carrie, or should I say Mrs. Peterson.

I'm one of the few who never liked Star Wars and even as a kid never cared for it, BUT Carrie Fisher was in my favourite movie of all time. Forget Star Wars, 'The 'Burbs' (with Carrie as Tom Hanks wife) was the finest movie she was in IMO. So RIP Carrie, or should I say Mrs. Peterson.

Glad you mentioned the Burbs. I love that movie. I hate Star Wars, only because I was the usher at the local theater when it came out, all 21 weeks it played. I was forced to see that movie close to 200 times. Cured me of anything Star Wars. Love the Burbs.

I'm an artist as well as musician (actually better as artist). Years ago singer Eddie Fisher, Carrie's father, bought one of my paintings for her.

Strange feeling for me. I used to be able to say that a famous actress owned one of my paintings...not sure who'll have it now.

She died far too young, only a year older than me.

RIP Princess Leia.

It's just been reported, that Debbie Reynolds, died this evening, from a stroke earlier today! [unsure]

CB

Debbie's death has more impact on me than her daughter's in actual fact as she has been in and our of my life since I was a kid.

There won't be many of my age that wouldn't have loved this.

I'm an artist as well as musician (actually better as artist). Years ago singer Eddie Fisher, Carrie's father, bought one of my paintings for her.

Strange feeling for me. I used to be able to say that a famous actress owned one of my paintings...not sure who'll have it now.

She died far too young, only a year older than me.

RIP Princess Leia.

thats really cool.

Archived