Gibson Brands Forums

Is it a Real Gibson Les Paul

Guest Mike

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Gibson Les Paul from a local pawn shop. My concern is I want to know first, is it real and not counterfeit, and second, what model is it so I know what I'm paying is a fair price.

The serial number on the guitar is 123230690

It has Made in USA, 2013 Model.

The tress rod cover is black with no model/blank.

Thank you for your help.

SFC Michael Moore

US Army

Hello there...

That's not enough information to go on.... All I can tell you is that the serial number matches a 2013 model.

We really need pictures...

You can embed pictures in your posts on here by using an imaging hosting site.. most of us use Photobucket.. Its free and easy to sign up.. Once uploaded to there copy the IMG link it gives you directly in to your post...

Thank you for your service, Michael.

I spent a few years in the US Army myself.

Met some fantastic people, and made lifelong friends.

Rabs is right, in order to help out on this query, some photos will be necessary.

Just curious;

What sort of money is the pawn shop asking for it?

:unsure:

Thanks for the reply. I'll get some pictures today and upload. Asking price is $1600. If it's a Les Paul reissue then it's well worth it. If not, I'm just trying to find out exactly which model.

Hello there...

That's not enough information to go on.... All I can tell you is that the serial number matches a 2013 model.

We really need pictures...

You can embed pictures in your posts on here by using an imaging hosting site.. most of us use Photobucket.. Its free and easy to sign up.. Once uploaded to there copy the IMG link it gives you directly in to your post...

Thank you so much. When I asked the salesperson at the shop if they had the hard case and pick guard, she went in the back to look. She stated she couldn't find it.

Time to research for price now.

Thanks again for the help.

V/R

Mike

Thank you so much. When I asked the salesperson at the shop if they had the hard case and pick guard, she went in the back to look. She stated she couldn't find it.

Time to research for price now.

Thanks again for the help.

V/R

Mike

No problems sir...

A pretty cool guitar by all accounts...

You have a happy new year :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RevAl77

Hi I am going to buy from a friend a Gibson les paul standard 1977 and I wanted to find out if it's THE right numbers for this Limited edition 1977 00299791

Archived