Gibson Brands Forums

Personalization......

Buc McMaster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could like it but all I see is:

Marcel_Duchamp_Mona_Lisa_LHOOQ.jpg

Stickers were never my thing, but it's your guitar so you should do what pleases you.

Heh he he, , , an opportunity to state that I like the quilted blonde better and better. She belongs there.

And even made Buc confess this is the love of his life, , , , eeeehh, the Dove. .

Just bought S60!

Well there ya go, Sal.......... When I'm dead and gone you'll always remember Buc and the decals, huh.

(Remember to cut it out carefully! And these things seem to take about 3-4 minutes submerged to let go and slide. They include a little throw-away decal to test with......if you haven't done a waterslide lately I'd recommend it!)

I like it Buc. Didn't think I would, but there ya go. These are not rare artefacts, they are Your guitar/Dad's guitar/Grandpa's guitar...and the personalisation makes them even moreso IMO. [thumbup]

My grandfather lies cold in a Hamburg grave these past 75 years, poor northern fodder for the masters of war. I suspect his bomber didn't last long enough to acquire much artwork. War is heck.

I love it.

I think it is very much reminiscent of the WWII aircraft paintings, as well as A-2 flight jackets, which were often painted on the back, or front.

I have a few vintage flight jackets, and some repros with patches, or paintings. I think that transfer on your guitar is tasteful, and awesome.

While I probably wouldn't have the nerve, I appreciate someone who did.

Looks great!

I actually like Buc's art a lot. I'm just not sure I would put it on a Dove. It sort of belongs on one of those 1950's birch plywood Stellas or Silvertones, with their painted-on "pickguards" and fret markers.

And of course Woody Guthrie's Gibsons had what you call the 'formalized' paper/card Kills Fascists logos. The direct application seems to be on something cheaper (I don't think it's a Martin). I believe that early Woody Guthrie signature SJs came with a slogan card. By 2011 they didn't, and I've still not got round to making one. Dereliction of duty!

I do like Buc's pin-up though.

And of course Woody Guthrie's Gibsons had what you call the 'formalized' paper/card Kills Fascists logos. The direct application seems to be on something cheaper (I don't think it's a Martin). I believe that early Woody Guthrie signature SJs came with a slogan card. By 2011 they didn't, and I've still not got round to making one. Dereliction of duty!

I do like Buc's pin-up though.

Actually, I believe the classical with 'direct application' came later than the more iconic Gibson versions. Lots of stories out there, but the guitar pictured is alleged to be a high-quality instrument. I may be wrong, but that's not really atypical (ask my wife for confirmation of that)😳

Archived