Gibson Brands Forums

How long have you been playing guitar

4Hayden

I started when I was around 11 years old. I took a "break" shortly thereafter, when I found that I wasn't learning to play from music books—I thought I had to if I ever wanted to be any good. [rolleyes]

But I soon came back to it—couldn't keep the desire to play down for long, and embarked on my self-taught path. I am now closing-in fast on 50 years old.

So, we can call it 39 years of playing!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Sir Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman, Ron Wood and Dame Elton John seen performing '(I Can't Get) Satisfaction' at the Women's Institute (Rochdale Branch) earlier this year."

2016-07-05-1467727452-3376591-PURCHASED7815GettyImages1082689921.jpg

..although Mr. Jagger did add that he DID have some satisfaction fairly recently thankyouverymuchforasking.

Pip.

msp_laugh.gif

msp_scared.gif

msp_crying.gif

msp_sneaky.gif

Thank you for RUINING MY EVENING, Dennis!!!!!!

When that video came out I was at an impressionable age. And I have to admit it; I was Impressed.....

Good old Terence Donovan. Well Played, Sir.

Pip.

EDIT....

I Don't believe these girls will ever age.

Like Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and Cliff Richard I'd say (at considerable personal risk of being held, quite correctly, to be in very poor taste) "Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE

44 years, IF you count the 30 year hiatus, in between! [flapper][blush][crying]

CB

Kind of this. I started at 15, just turned 70, BUT over the course of that 50+ years were times I wouldn't even own a guitar for a couple of years at a time, let alone play, so all told I'd say about 30 years. Really got serious about ten years ago and dug into some theory. Boy, what a little knowledge will do for you LOL.

EDIT....

I Don't believe these girls will ever age.

Like Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and Cliff Richard I'd say (at considerable personal risk of being held, quite correctly, to be in very poor taste) "Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE

To my dying day this will always be one of my favorite videos. Palmer just exuded class and the girls, well, just watch the video.

Started in1956-1957 so somewhere around 60-61 years

While all the other kids were watching , Superman. , Rin-Tin-Tin, Soupy Sales, I was plugging away with my Les Paul jr.

That's one guitar I wish I still had.

I started playing seriously again 3 years ago, and now I seem to be getting arthritis in my fingers. FML!

I sure hope you aren't. I got my left index finger X-rayed yesterday cos it's been giving me concern for about 3 months - worrying [unsure]

Archived