Gibson Brands Forums

Wolf-tones (or rather ghost-tones)

E-minor7

Agree, but sometimes easier said than done. Especially when goin' from a ghostless guitar to one with the howling A.

Q - do you hear the A in Polecastros Marts ?

Yes, but I never identified it as such before. I just thought it was a Martin Dread characteristic, like the Gibson thumpy bass.

I think a closed-back 100W Marshall stack pointing towards the pool would be an effective sound mask. Might create some interesting ghost tones if you plugged an acoustic into it. Would that break any bylaws during daylight hours?

Yes, but with a Barry Manilow cd on repeat and I go out!

BluesKing777.

The benefit of not knowing what this thread is about, , ,

I'm glad you confess it so straight forward. That is what the thread is about. Creating awareness of something right next to us, many players don't see.

This can be due to ignorance, underdeveloped, not quite ready sonic receivers or simply old-age-ears.

Gives me reason to kind of celebrate my high-end ain't yet all burned off.

Besides it provides the opportunity to re-introduce a 1990's optical game.

Remember, , , they were called stereograms.

Listening and identifying the ghost-harmonics is a bit like finding the motif inside these cards. Once you fix them, they won't get away.

They of course are illusions - the harmonics are not.

How are the eyes these days, MissouriP ? - let's hear what you see and see what you hear. A good Sunday-evening to you and everybody ^

vortex1.gif

Stereogram_Tut_Animated_Shark.gif

"This can be due to ignorance, underdeveloped, not quite ready sonic receivers or simply-old-age-ears."

If I were picking just one I lean toward "ignorance," because they say ignorance is bliss and I'm having a ball playing my howling guitars, but "multiple choice" quizzes always confuse me. So, I'll have to pick "all of the above."

The first pic looks like the wool sweater I was wearing the other night.

The second pic reminds me of an old girlfriend. She had something like that crawling on her below the waist. And she could howl too.

"This can be due to ignorance, underdeveloped, not quite ready sonic receivers or simply-old-age-ears."

If I were picking just one I lean toward "ignorance," because they say ignorance is bliss and I'm having a ball playing my howling guitars, but "multiple choice" quizzes always confuse me. So, I'll have to pick "all of the above."

The first pic looks like the wool sweater I was wearing the other night.

The second pic reminds me of an old girlfriend. She had something like that crawling on her below the waist. And she could howl too.

Hahe he, , , MissouriP, , you are lost, , , and blessed. .

(or maybe just still high from the latest gig with that woman admiring your Bird)

Anyone else who can or cannot see the those motifs ? . . .

Nice.

1) The view shooting down on the inside of a wound low E Elixir Nanoweb.

2) A man wondering why there are no Gibson acoustics named after predatory fish.

Hyper sharp there, 62burst - and elegant enough to let the riddle stay open.

Now you just need to hear that shadow-A !

Archived