Gibson Brands Forums

63 ES 335 TDC Figured Sixties Cherry

RockyA

Just received new 63 ES 335 figured sixties cherry with Wildwood spec pups yesterday. Wildwood really set this guitar up great pretty close to Gibson standard spec but a tad lower action. The sound is awesome thru 65 DRRI, CVR, HRD III, and Marshall 40C DSL tube amps. Second guitar I have purchased from Wildwood Guitars, 1st was a Les Paul Fort Knox. Both guitars were priced right and setup perfectly, with monster tone. Wish I could post pics, but I am maxed out of photos even though I don't even have any at all posted. The monitors of this site have not or will not reset my photo limit. Really like the Wildwood Spec pups, I think they are slightly underwound and have more clarity punch than the standard pups. This guitar is a limited run and was manufactured in Aug 2015. This guitar is just like the 63 ES 335 I had back in 1963 and really brings back memories. Wish I had not sold it back in '74, like a fool traded it for a Gretsch Tennessean. Shows I have used 330.5k if my allotted 500k upload quota, but not true. I had deleted everything I had uploaded.....really wish I could post a pic

Tried photobucket

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/rockya19111/library/Rockys%20Guitars

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same guitar,and I have the case key, but I'll never use it. They have a habit of getting lost on me or at best are a real pain when in the dark at some clubs. My opinion they are fairly cheap locks, and as such can also break easily so I'm not going to chance it, but If you really want to use it i'll be willing to bet any orher gibson case key would work..

Archived