Gibson Brands Forums

Studio project--advanced stages

AnneS

A true troubadour ya know

With a voice of an angel and the mind of a devil

Perfect combination for an Irishman, ain't it?

I knew Christy Moore's music back in the 1970's and 1980's, from the Planxty and Moving Hearts days primarily. We lived in New England then. There was a radio show on WGBH ("A Celtic Sojourn") hosted by Brian O'Donovan every Sunday which exposed people to both traditional and contemporary Celtic music. It was (and still is) great stuff. I think that show has been on for close to 30 years, with the same host.

There was also a great bar/coffee house (Salt) in Newport, RI where I lived, owned by a college buddy of mine. They presented great music, including a lot of contemporary Celtic music. Supposedly, the bar had a wee bit of connection to the IRA-supporting Irish American community in the area, which was pretty large back in that day. My friend was never charged with anything, and ultimately became a successful high-profile attorney.

It's a strange, interconnected world.

Perfect combination for an Irishman, ain't it?

I knew Christy Moore's music back in the 1970's and 1980's, from the Planxty and Moving Hearts days primarily. We lived in New England then. There was a radio show on WGBH ("A Celtic Sojourn") hosted by Brian O'Donovan every Sunday which exposed people to both traditional and contemporary Celtic music. It was (and still is) great stuff. I think that show has been on for close to 30 years, with the same host.

There was also a great bar/coffee house (Salt) in Newport, RI where I lived, owned by a college buddy of mine. They presented great music, including a lot of contemporary Celtic music. Supposedly, the bar had a wee bit of connection to the IRA-supporting Irish American community in the area, which was pretty large back in that day. My friend was never charged with anything, and ultimately became a successful high-profile attorney.

It's a strange, interconnected world.

A lawyer with a checkered past ?

No way Pedro

Yeah Christy got a bit of flack for the republican side of him back in the day . Think he's mellowed thankfully. As have the others thankfully

Some people can't differentiate between a man singing the songs of troubled times with someone who will blow up a shop

A lawyer with a checkered past ?

No way Pedro

Yeah Christy got a bit of flack for the republican side of him back in the day . Think he's mellowed thankfully. As have the others thankfully

Some people can't differentiate between a man singing the songs of troubled times with someone who will blow up a shop

As the man himself put it, everyone in the graveyard votes the same...

Yeah, this troubadour stuff is dangerous work!

Update: we had a four-hour mixing session yesterday and we hope to finish up tomorrow. It's tedious work, but I enjoyed it--it is fun to listen for issues, to compare notes, and to watch Bob go slay problem frequencies, etc. And it's way less stressful than laying down the tracks. (Or writing the stuff, for that matter.:rolleyes:)

Getting close now!

Once again, thanks for all your thoughtful comments and for the listens. [thumbup]

Archived