Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Pitts

New Hummingbird bad string buzz

No need to beg pardon- that info from Alias is a fine little chunk to put away; we’ll allow a little +/- on the exact time of the changeback in scale length, Gibson being Gibson, after all. Just another example of valuable other information that pops up along a thread, especially ok now that Ed intends to post no further on it.

No need to beg pardon- that info from Alias is a fine little chunk to put away; we'll allow a little +/- on the exact time of the changeback in scale length, Gibson being Gibson, after all. Just another example of valuable other information that pops up along a thread, especially ok now that Ed intends to post no further on it.

Agree -

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As for the 'pardon', there is a certain pleasure in sometimes behaving well-mannered'n'polite. Especially for street-rebel vets like me.

Well, , , you probably already know yourself. .

Threads like this are cool! We'll get a definitive or, at least, final answer eventually. Meanwhile, it's a fun ride with stuff to learn and appreciate along the way. Sometimes I follow the drift, lose it, and then catch it again - a lot like life, nothing like math problems👍

had not one, but two Hummingbird Standards with a sizzle type of buzz in the two plain strings. It happened with open and fretted notes. I stretched and loosened and tightened the strings, changed strings and gauge, but it never completely went away. I replaced the saddle with another Tusq saddle that fit the slot tighter. The sound would decrease for a while or the pitch might change a little, but there it remained. I no longer own a Hummingbird. Too bad.