Gibson Brands Forums

GTR Rig 3 - install needed?

Ian Miller

I have been using this software for ages and have Native Instruments Komplete 5 in my system. Is there any benefit of reinstalling the software that came with my RIP? I tend to shudder with NI stuff as authorizing is always weird and it works now so I prefer not to mess with it - but I also want access to dark fire presets if there are some........

I have downloaded these files and attempted to import one bank, but they aren't visible in GR3.

The next step was to copy one bank into My DocumentsNative InstrumentsGuitar Rig 3Sound Banks.

Being in this folder, i recognized that these special GR3-banks were already there. It seems like they came with the 3.2-version-update of GR3.

Even if i rename the .bnk-file, i'm not able to see the bank in GR3. Seems like there is a difference in the official version and the DF version of GR3.

Use the GR3 "IMPORT BNK" function.

"To activate the new sounds in GR3, you have to go to BANK MENU -> Import and then choose your unzipped .bnk-file. Now scroll down your sound banks to the end and you will find the new bank in the last position."

Wait - didnt you write that Har?

Archived