Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bernie Fitz

Epiphone Strings?

I just received the Epiphone Accessory Pack that was due for purchasing an Epiphone acoustic in October. It came with 2 sets of strings, one acoustic 12-53 and one electric 10-46. My question is does anyone know anything about these strings since there is no info as to the composition, whether phosphor-bronze, nickel, etc. I didn't now Epiphone made strings, maybe they contract these out?

Thanks, Bernie

Epiphone used to market a complete line of guitar strings (made in USA). They disappeared a few years ago.

Then Epiphone Acoustic Strings appeared on eBay -12-53 gauge. Picture of Masterbilt headstock on the packet. No mention of the composition or country of manufacture. They weren't very good & I haven't seen them on line since.

Epiphone used to market a complete line of guitar strings (made in USA). They disappeared a few years ago.

Then Epiphone Acoustic Strings appeared on eBay -12-53 gauge. Picture of Masterbilt headstock on the packet. No mention of the composition or country of manufacture. They weren't very good & I haven't seen them on line since.

Thanks El Capitan. I don't remember what picture, if any, is on the packet but I figured the strings might not be top quality. I think I'll put them on my old Washburn and see how they sound. My Epiphone jumbo doesn't really need strings yet and I'm still trying to decide what I want to try on that one.