Gibson Brands Forums

Best Concert Moment

Bluemoon

My first concert was before, during and after the performance as I was the roadie at about 15-16.

United Kingdom was the first major act, that was in 1980, there were fights, people were diving from the mezzanine, there was a nude guy dragging himself along a maintenance corridor, and Terry Bozzio did an amazing drum solo.

He repeated a theme and wasn't close to finishing until he started a roll with both arms behind and ending in front.

The Joe Perry project, I absolutley hated him but went anyway.

I do remember him singing and playing "Heartbreak Hotel" with a lefty black CBS strat.

Funny how long it takes to know the guy, some 30 years later he was humble enough to state on camera that when Aerosmith started, he was happy to just see food on the table.

Peter Frampton, just after his plane crashed in his south american tour.

Atthe time, you were lucky to see anyone drop in and play, cable tv wasn't here yet, so, it would be a while before you were able to keep up with all the cool things you read in Rolling Stone and Hit Parade.

I was relieved to see he had finally cut his hair, being described as a petite rocker is not flattering.

People were drinking from small wineskins, the familiar aroma of weed, the tossing of frisbees, some people bumping into you,...

Otherwise his gig was flawless.

having the gallows guitarist (stephen carter) throw down his gibson artisan and sprint into the crowd. onto the barrier... on top of me and hold the mic into the crowd and sing along to orchestra of wolves. i had to turn around to get on the mic but it was fantastic, and he was rock solid as well. As far as punk shows go that was pretty amazing.

having the gallows guitarist (stephen carter) throw down his gibson artisan and sprint into the crowd. onto the barrier... on top of me and hold the mic into the crowd and sing along to orchestra of wolves. i had to turn around to get on the mic but it was fantastic' date=' and he was rock solid as well. As far as punk shows go that was pretty amazing.[/quote']

He was on top of you? Which MIC were you singing into. WOW that was a mouth full.

Archived