Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Nighthawk

Megafrog

Hi everyone, has anyone out there tried the new Epi Nighthawks yet? I just got one from Musicians Friend and have to say I am very impressed with it. I usually only play Gibsons but when I saw this for sale in the purple quilt I had to get it. I thought I would want to change out the pickups but these do just fine. The setup and intonation were spot on out of the box. At band practice, I had our singer and bassist fawning all over it. I think Epiphone has worked out the quality issues on the 2014 models as this 2016 is pretty sweet. If you have a LP and an SG and want to try something different, I would recommend this. It is light, very versatile and pretty high quality.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nighthawks from Epiphone and Gibson deserve IMO more success and sales....[thumbup]

Lots of creative thinking involved in making a guitar with genuine 'versatility' of tone....dry.gif

Easy handling somewhere between an SG and LP

People can be ultra conservative in their choices and often end up locked into LP and Strat territory..

IMO a guitar that can deliver Firebird/Strat/LP etc tones in one convenient package

Deserves a 'gander' from any prospective purchaser...[thumbup]

V

:-({|=

I think the Hawk series Night and Blues are very under rated Gibson models

And even more so when talking about the Epiphone versions.

Great guitars for the price point and totally overlooked by most players.

Your's looks great! Congrats. [thumbup]

Archived