Gibson Brands Forums

"Strike the Match"

dhanners623

This is not a "song discussion" Forum.

It's a Forum to sell guitars. Capitalism.

Henry ALLOWS us to post some songs we create with the guitars.

Henry is a Republican.

If the discussion veers into politics, or actually STARTS OUT about politics, that is forbidden.

Get it?

Henry's party affiliation didn't prevent him selling the Woody Guthrie SJ or the Arlo Guthrie LG2. If you make guitars with those names attached, you'll probably attract people who talk about Guthrie songs and their heirs. 69th anniversary of the Los Gatos crash today, by the way.

Henry's party affiliation didn't prevent him selling the Woody Guthrie SJ or the Arlo Guthrie LG2. If you make guitars with those names attached, you'll probably attract people who talk about Guthrie songs and their heirs. 69th anniversary of the Los Gatos crash today, by the way.

Well noted, my friend.

Yeah, what's old is new again....

I think the original complainer may have been someone who works for Walmart, or is unfamiliar with small-town economics. Or just doesn't like me and/or my music.

Hmmmm, who knows - maybe he (Murph) just had to let it out.

I recall once writing that Allah at some point in the late 70's had told Cat Stevens to stop singing, , , and how you chimed in on that statement.

No offence, , , feel free, , , it's fairly human to react to topics one finds important and it takes a bit of restraint not to move.

This comment might be an example of that ;-)

A good Sunday to you

By the way, dhanners - can I ask : What does the 623 in your Board-pseudonym stand for. Is there a reference ?

I could say it was some numerology or a simple math equation (6 divided by 2 equals 3) but it's my birthday. But now you have figure out if it's the 23rd day of the sixth month or the 62nd day of the third month. Or maybe the sixth day of the 23rd month....

I could say it was some numerology or a simple math equation (6 divided by 2 equals 3) but it's my birthday. But now you have figure out if it's the 23rd day of the sixth month or the 62nd day of the third month. Or maybe the sixth day of the 23rd month....

So my new guess is that you are a crab-fish - a water-sign.

First thought was it had to do with the Ramadan starting up that year.

623 if I'm not reading the sources wrong - generally quite a defining year for the particular creed.

My # is 129 !

So my new guess is that you are a crab-fish - a water-sign.

First thought was it had to do with the Ramadan starting up that year.

623 if I'm not reading the sources wrong - generally quite a defining year for the particular creed.

My # is 129 !

Ramadan ends June 24 this year. Trying to make it through the heat of summer while fasting is, uh, interesting, but it is easier in the Middle East than the U.S.

Politics is forbidden in this Forum.

But, if you are going down that rabbit hole let me say this before the lock.

Trump said "What do you have to lose" to the inner city voters. Like Chicago. Where democrat leadership have allowed more killing than war zones. Guess those lives don't matter.

I'm pro wall, pro capitalism, pro tax cuts, pro gun, pro pipeline, and all about bringing back jobs.

I'm anti boys going into girls bathrooms, sanctuary cities, open borders, schools graduating kids that can't read, and free phones.

Boom !

Ditto

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as this is a place to talk about Gibson guitars and the things we do with them, I'm avoiding politics. Always have....

Good! There's an Emerson essay, "The Poet", which has always spoken pretty clearly to me about the role of artists. I believe you might enjoy the read if you haven't already.

Archived