Gibson Brands Forums

Pink and a Gibson

Denis57

Isnt that guitar out of tune ??

The B sounds shy, for sure. Using my newly added knowledge from the forum here, I'd say that's a nice Country Western (nice thin pickguard).

Excuse me, Denis, but couldn't resist adding a Floyd, , , and a down-belly, rosewood saddled, probably 1968 cherry 45.

Rather obscure PF-take there.

1969 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DAdWcsM7Po

Nice vid. Anyone catch the real 'bird @ t = 3:18? Gotta play it in 1/4 time to catch it.

Did she really f-up the first line of the song? I swore she said Bane Rouge instead of Baton Rouge. Never cared for her. Just pop music for teeny-boppers.

Naw. Just what you get when you're just reading a place name, and have never heard of Baton Rouge. 'Bet this pronunciation ("Bāton" R.) gave our BayouBengal a chuckle.

The B sounds shy, for sure. Using my newly added knowledge from the forum here, I'd say that's a nice Country Western (nice thin pickguard).

Naw. Just what you get when you're just reading a place name, and have never heard of Baton Rouge. 'Bet this pronunciation ("Bāton" R.) gave our BayouBengal a chuckle.

That pronunciation is the Bane of My Existence.

Did she really f-up the first line of the song? I swore she said Bane Rouge instead of Baton Rouge. Never cared for her. Just pop music for teeny-boppers.

Each to his/her own tastes but the woman has talent. She has an amazing voice and some pretty good songwriting skills. This song "Beam Me Up" was written by Pink and Billy Mann. This YouTube video is of a live performance by the two (in front of a rude audience). Billy is playing a J200 standard. It is too bad the video ends before the song ended. Billy adds a capo for the key change for the last bit of the song. Good lyrics, good vocals and harmonies and some nice fingerstyle acoustic playing. In my opinion anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXK7GjzmTmY

Archived