Gibson Brands Forums
TheMoroney

Xponent Script (complete with MIDI LED Feedback)

For those who have been waiting, the wait is finally over.

Introducing The Xponent script for Deckadance 2.50 and up. Complete with LED vu meter, LED track monitors, LED feedback, and much much more. Before using, please read the changelog.txt file included in the zip folder so that you are acquainted with what is different from the built in script in DD V2.42 vs this script. All future updates for the Xponent script will be posted into this post with notifications following about when the update happened.

Installation steps are still as follows.

1. Download Script from link on this page

2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanton\Deckadance 2\script_files\M-Audio in file explorer.

3. Open your downloads folder in a new file explorer window.

4. Copy script from downloads folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanton\Deckadance 2\script_files\M-Audio.

5. Plug controller in to computer.

6. Open Deckadance.

7. Open Deckadance settings.

8. Select Midi Control.

9. For control surface select M_Audio_Xponent.

10. select appropriate inputs and out puts

11. Done

Script file posted below (updated 2/1/2017)

M-AudioXponentscriptv1.3.zip

Nice work! A small suggestion: Send to the controller the following SYSEX message in the "OnStart()" function. This message will ask to the controller the current position of all the potentiometers, so that, it will synchronize the controller potentiometers with DD params correctly.

// create the sysex dump message for set the "send all" in the xponent
sendSysExMessage("0xF0002008007F630E16400300F7");

Nice work! A small suggestion: Send to the controller the following SYSEX message in the "OnStart()" function. This message will ask to the controller the current position of all the potentiometers, so that, it will synchronize the controller potentiometers with DD params correctly.

// create the sysex dump message for set the "send all" in the xponent
sendSysExMessage("0xF0002008007F630E16400300F7");

Will do.

V 1.3 update.

Added Luis's suggestion of enabling Deckadance to get the current position of all potentiometers.

Made it so that when shift is activated, the 1, 2, 4, 8, loop controls are set to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 settings for loop speed.

Made it so when Deckadance closes, all the midi lights turn off.

A million thanks -- only took two years, but better late than never i guess. Thank you.

I Apologize if this sounds a little glib.. I bought deckadance because it worked with the xponent, which while old is a solid and well built piece of gear.

I used it to dj using a Lenovo Miix2 Tablet for several hours the other night, with the newest DD.. I was incredibly happy. No issues. And other DJ's used my gear as well. Not a single problem related to DD or the Xponent.

Thanks again, im glad to have DD back.