Gibson Brands Forums

WOOOOOOO! NEW VOS LP!!!!!!!!!!

stevezapp

All '60 re-issues I've seen have mirror top knobs. This tallies with the official Gibson spec. I don't think the dv247 shot is of a '60 but I could be wrong!

I am a little intrigued by this... I've seen some with the "normal" knobs... not the ones with the mirror top (which I love... I ordered some for my std fd)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe!

I'm in Bournemouth' date=' you?

I didn't see that listing - that's quite a top tho.

Have you bought any guitars from the States before? I got my first run Robot from a guy in the States and the seller marked the value down of the shipping forms so I wouldn't get charged as much. If I recall, the value was £1100 and I had to pay £204 duty (off the top of my head).[/quote']

Im in Croydon Surrey...

I would have thought that reducing the value declared would affect your insurance should it get get lost...or stolen.. I havent bought a guitar from the states YET.... Since the worldwide money crash the price of Gibson's have gone through the roof... Six months ago ebay here in the UK was full of R8's a few R9's and R0's all at reasonable prices... Now only the odd one pops up and there 1000K more than six months ago...

Flight959

Im in Croydon Surrey...

I would have thought that reducing the value declared would affect your insurance should it get get lost...or stolen.. I havent bought a guitar from the states YET.... Since the worldwide money crash the price of Gibson's have gone through the roof... Six months ago ebay here in the UK was full of R8's a few R9's and R0's all at reasonable prices... Now only the odd one pops up and there 1000K more than six months ago...

Flight959

Yeah, that was one of the considerations, but thankfully nothing happened. I wouldn't want to risk it on this particular guitar.

I'm with you on the prices, but £2k with duty on this guitar I figured was a good price.

'They' seem to be saying "if you have the money throughout this recession, spend it"

I may be helping the US ecomony with this purchase, but at least I'm helping someone #-o

Im in Croydon Surrey... Flight959

We could tell that from the Croydon Airport flag on your Avatar. Hence Flight.

Am I right? Jings, crivvens an' help ma bob!

How much did that beauty on your post fetch if you can remember?

I live in Crystal Palace, by the way.

Am I right? Jings' date=' crivvens an' help ma bob!

I live in Crystal Palace, by the way.[/quote']

You a Palace fan then Pippy?

How about you Flight?

I'm from Hillingdon originally so I have the dubious honour of being a Chelsea fan *braces for abuse*.

How about you Flight?

I'm from Hillingdon originally so I have the dubious honour of being a Chelsea fan *braces for abuse*.

A crystal Palace fan...NO! I have just two thumbs thankyou!

A croydon Airport flag..... Er no!

Flight959

Am I right? Jings' date=' crivvens an' help ma bob!

I live in Crystal Palace, by the way.[/quote']

It was up for just under 6K I think...

She's a beauty but at 6K I think i will pass...

It didnt sell..

Flight959

How about you Flight?

I'm not really a follower of 'The Beautiful Game' but I do always check out the (very) mixed fortunes of my home club : Falkirk F.C. (Scottish Premier league. Yes' date=' really!).

I'm sorry to say that, recently, their fortunes haven't even been that mixed.......

Oh dear.

It was up for just under 6K I think...

She's a beauty but at 6K I think i will pass..

It didnt sell..

Flight959

A shame the owner knows a stoater when he/she sees one.

I've just paid for a Custom Shop 1960 VOS Les Paul LT ED in Lemonburst!!!!!!

Got an awesome deal on her.

Just got to stop looking at the picture and wait patiently for the next 10 days for delivery :(

Rule No. 1 of buying guitars: Never buy online; go and get your baby right away.

Rule No. 2: Be sure to obey Rule 1.

Hi Steve

Severe congratulations! She is going to be just beautiful!!!

I am a huge England football fan. It was a great game tonight even though there is still some way to go for England.

cheers

Matt

Cheers Matt!

Watched the footie as well. Nothing to write home about, was it...

Still, when you're playing the European Champions, it's to be expected.

Rule No. 1 of buying guitars: Never buy online; go and get your baby right away.

Rule No. 2: Be sure to obey Rule 1.

Unfortunatley the only way I could afford a guitar like this was to get it from the States. The mark up in the UK is obscene.

Like I mentioned on a previous post in this thread, I'm covered if it's anything other than as described.

But yes, any other time, rule number one is followed.

see' date=' i'm a noob or whatever you call them here, but i'd say that looks more like a '58. but you'll know today or tomorrow i guess when you play the neck!

looks awesome though, and i'm envious to the point of physical pain. enjoy it. =D> [/quote']

Yeah, I'll find out when she arrives - should be Tues next week at latest. I can't wait to get her - I'm looking at the lsiting pics every half hour or so!

Dont forget Pics Steve!!

Yeah, you bet i'll be showing her off ;)

Oh, I've done a bit of research the last few days, and I'm beginning to think she might be a G0.

May be a stupid question, but what's the difference between a R0 and G0?

And again - the serial number will reveal all when I receive her, but I'm just stupidly impatient.

Oh' date=' I've done a bit of research the last few days, and I'm beginning to think she might be a G0.

May be a stupid question, but what's the difference between a R0 and G0?

And again - the serial number will reveal all when I receive her, but I'm just stupidly impatient.[/quote']

The G0 was done for Guitar Center.... That's it really... Your serial will start with G0 if that's the case!

Flight959

Archived