Gibson Brands Forums

Happily surprised

'Scales

Thought I'd check out the ticket prices for my 'local' Guns N Roses show coming up in a week or so.

If I so desired, I could purchase a ticket to non-premium GA standing or up-the-back seating for the equivilent of US 65 or UK 50. I thought that was pretty damn good for such a hyped stadium tour. I paid two-thirds of that to see Dinosaur Jr play a gig in a local pub the other day for example, and whilst I'd rather watch J.Mascis and co any day over Axl Rose and co, I reckon the GNR price is pretty cool for their legions of fans here - so an Aussie 'goodonyamate' to whoever made affordable tickets available [thumbup] - quite a surprise these days.

Sounds good 'Scales [thumbup] Have a good time. I myself looked into tickets for here in the UK, but felt they were to pricey when I added up the cost of going to London and accommodation on top of that. I'm based up in Yorkshire, so couldn't be bothered to travel the distance either. Would be good to see them, though I wish they would bring out a new album, get Izzy back for songwriting/ co songwriting duties and either get Adler full time or Matt back (I always preferred Matt's drumming)...and what does that girl do that they added? In all the videos I've seen, she just seems to jump up and down behind a keyboard? When they had Teddy 'Zigzag' in the 90's they put him to good use. Bring back Teddy too, even if he was never an official member! Would love to hear 'Coma' live. Probably the best song Slash/ Axl ever wrote, either that or 'Locomotive'.

Archived