Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Blues Jr.

JerseyRay

So I'm shopping amps again. My "shopping" tends to last months.. [thumbup] I re ently played a 15 whatt Fender Blues Jr. Anyone have one of these, Thoughts? It had one hell of a reverb, plus with a master knob you can get breakup at lower volumes. Any thoughts on used vs. new? I play mostly blues and have a 2016 SG faded T (490's)....love that guitar...

I've had 2, over the last 15 years. The first one (version II) had some tube socket problems, that I had fixed, but was

always concerned it might happen again, so I started taking my little 1982 Fender (Japan) "Sidekick 35 Reverb,"

as a back up. I later traded in the Blues Jr II, for the BJ III, and haven't had any issues, in years, with it.

They're a great amp, if a bit "boxy" sounding. I think a slightly larger cabinet, would help, there? And,

there are said to be "Bill M" mods, to take care of that "boxy" sound, as well. But, I've never sent him

mine, to find out. I don't play out, much, anymore...so, it sounds good enough, as is, for the few times I

need it. But, you might check some of those options out, if you're so inclined.

Cheers,

CB

I prefer the Blues Deluxe to the Blues Jr. One of my personal favorite amps.

Yeah, I also own it's "brother," the Hot Rod Deluxe, and matching extension cabinet, that I LOVE to

use, when possible. But, not getting to play out, much, and too often, when I do, the HR Deluxe would

get me run out of the venue, at it's "sweet spot!" But, I'm definitely keeping it, for sure!

I've recently been preamping my little 1982 Sidekick 35 Reverb, into the Blues Jr., just for fun! It

actually sounds pretty awesome, paired up, like that! So, that may be another possibility, next time

out? Who knows? [tongue][biggrin]

CB

Archived