Gibson Brands Forums

"Did You Know That" (original song)

Old Neil

This one is a simple love song. A bit sentimental for some but I wrote and recorded it as a man in love, so you know, loud 'n proud and all that. :-)

It was a good test for me to work out some sweet pop harmonies and testing them out in the recording phase was trial and error but fun.

Guitar note: This one was a 1969 East Indian rosewood Martin D-28 (the first year of the changeover from Brazilian) that I rented for the day to do the demo session. Like the fool I was at the time I was waiting on a custom spec'd Martin from their custom shop and had zero funds to pick up this beauty in my hands. Glad I got to record it's aged-in straight braced punchy sweetness at least. I promise, the next one will have Gibson content. rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.c...d-you-know-that

OK, slightly paraphrased lyrics at the end due to some repetition but otherwise accurate.

# Did You Know That?

Together and apart

We knew right from the start

The risk to lose it

And after all this time

I guess you'd have to ask

Why would I choose it?

Well I love you

Did you know that?

That I love you

Did you know that?

And here inside the sun

We're neither two nor one

It's pure devotion

There's nothing left to do

I'm in the light with you

It's sweet emotion

And I love you

Did you know that?

That I love you

Did you know that?

We set each other free

Felt the pain,

It couldn't be

Any other way

Away but not apart

Trusting in our hearts

For another day

And I love you

Did you know that?

That I love you

Did you know that?

BTW, I have been asked privately if some 'Auto tune' type software was used on this. Absolutely not! Being naturally critical of my own stuff I can hear all sorts of cringeworthy vocal tone drifting going on. Probably would only bother me but still...

Archived