Gibson Brands Forums

New Strap Day all the way from England - Heistercamp

Riffster

I have been looking for a leather strap for my Les Paul for a couple of weeks, I was using the same strap for my Explorer but they are not a good fit because of the locking strap buttons.

I saw this leather company out of south England oin Etsy.com and once I saw the designs I just did not find anything I liked better. Their stuff is pricey but I got one of the cheaper models that does not have backing and uses nubuck leather.

This stuff is crafted well, soft and tough at the same time. Lightweight and strong.

This model (Huron) tapers from 3" at the shoulder to 1 1/4" on both ends, I got mine on Chai color which is grey-ish.

I love this thing! really well made and they made it fast and shipped it fast too. Shipping to the US is pricey but well worth it, i Think it is free within the UK.

They included some goodies, like guitar picks, a leather coaster and strap washers (I could have asked for strap lock holes but decided I could do that myself, I do have leather punches).

I am really happy with this thing, I didn't realize I could be excited about a strap, it makes my LP seem lighter, first time I have a 3" wide strap.

44893195-B689-4DCD-8BF6-6FE8DBB90838_zpstoxjhcif.jpg

F299EFFB-E52B-435B-9D87-86D089A83B43_zps5wjd6c1f.jpg

E73A6FDA-4C4A-4E73-956E-9C6331D9CDB1_zpshipqrhrt.jpg

0D68C860-2838-4F87-BBF2-D68ABCE4A6F7_zpslracggtt.jpg

F01A694A-1EBF-41BE-8C88-4F388A7BAE02_zpsgvssqyvn.jpg

CD697DAF-0573-432C-B838-FFE9FC8F4AEF_zpsg9im57mq.jpg

Great looking strap. Thanks very much for the head's-up, Riffster!

I'd never heard of Heistercamp before but having seen your post I've just checked out their site.

My preference in straps is for simple un-backed, soft nubuck leather but I've been unable to find such a strap here in London and so I was delighted to see the wide range of styles - and the options - offered by this company. One of my straps is well past its best so I've just ordered one from them as a replacement.

They reckon it should take around 10 days to craft/post and yes; post&packing is free within the UK.

Thanks again!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I am glad you found something you liked Pippy, once you receive it please post some pics. I can see myself ordering another strap from them in the future.

Larry I too am a fan of the full grain leather I have a '50's style strap like the once you posted sans the stitching, the only disadvantage i see with those is the squeaking sound, of course in the end is not too bad.

I've got two Heistercamp straps. One is a special order with my own jewelled decals on it. They are very good quality straps. You can order the standard split button holes or Schaller holes.

I am glad you found something you liked Pippy, once you receive it please post some pics. I can see myself ordering another strap from them in the future...

I will do but I'll start another thread so as not to derail this one - from You-centric to Me-centric - further than I'm already about to do..........msp_blushing.gif..........apologies in advance!

I, too, can see myself ordering another. I have dedicated straps for all the guits and up until now I have always played the D'Angelico 'seated' but I'm sorely tempted to be able to strap her on just for the fun of the thing...

Whilst I loved many of the colours offered the one I've ordered for the R0 is relatively prosaic but if I do decide to get one for the D'A I'd probably go for something slightly less plain as the ol' Tart is 'Bling' enough to carry it off...

I've got two Heistercamp straps. One is a special order with my own jewelled decals on it...

I'd love to see what you chose, Pin, if you have some snaps handy?

Their offerings really are gorgeous to pore over.

Pip.

EDIT : If anyone wants to have a look at what they offer here's their website (I have no affiliation with the company nor any of its employees);

http://www.heisterca...r-guitar-straps

I'd love to see what you chose, Pin, if you have some snaps handy?

Their offerings really are gorgeous to pore over.

Pip.

Sorry Pip no can do at the moment.

All my gear is still boxed up 9 months after our move of house. It has been one thing after another and I still can't get round to sorting out what will be - in time - my new studio.

But I won't forget and although it'll be too late to help your order I will post pics of not only the straps, but the guitars and all my other stuff when I finally get it all sorted. Watch this space!

Sorry Pip no can do at the moment..........but I won't forget and although it'll be too late to help your order I will post pics of not only the straps, but the guitars and all my other stuff when I finally get it all sorted. Watch this space!

No worries, Pin. I was really just very interested to see what you, yourself, elected to get for yourself. I already know which strap-type I prefer.

Before I placed my order I measured all the straps I currently use and for the Les Pauls, hole-to-hole, they are all give-or-take 47" long and either 2 1/2" or 2 3/4" wide. The LPs are OK weight-wise (all being within 2oz of 9 lbs) and I've discovered that the 2 1/2" straps are the perfect width for me in terms of shoulder comfort. Somewhat surprisingly, by comparison, I find that the 2 3/4" straps are slightly 'too wide' for my taste.

As I don't like anything 'in the way' from the shoulder to the top strap-button I greatly prefer the single-buckle-at-the-rear versions and, as already mentioned, in un-backed soft Nubuck leather; so I have gone for an 'Apache'.

The other potential offerings were, for me, either too wide or else had two buckles - one front and one rear - and I much prefer the single-buckle-at-rear to the 'slot-trough-the strap' "Crow" version.

YMMV!

As the D'Angelico is, unusually (perhaps!), quite similar in heft to the Lesters I'll probably order another Apache for that.

Hey Ho; One day of waiting gone; nine to go!

Pip.

Very sweet strap. I'll check them out. I picked up two old leather straps at a guitar show a couple weeks ago for $25. Nothing as nice as that one, but one is a suede Levy's that is in great shape, so I think I did okay.

You know up to this point my most expensive strap was a leather Levy's and that was $30, other than that I never paid more than $15 for a strap.

I have a Levy's hootenanny and I really like it but after a few years of sharing the leather strap for the Explorer and Les Paul I just got tired. The reverse strap lock twists the strap obviously and I did not realize it was making the Explorer less comfortable to play.

I may order another leather strap but I am going to clear out some guitars and gear first, once I keep the stuff I do use I'll treat myself to another strap.

Yea, It makes a noticeable difference. I did not realize how much of the strap actually comes in contact with my back and not just the shoulder.

Those are DiMarzio 36th anniversary, the rings are DiMarzio. I love the look and they sound good but I have the itch to install a Classic 57+/57 set that I've had for a long time. It's hard to give up the double-cream look though.

I actually bought the 57 set for cheap, like $100, swapped the covers with the original burstbuckers and sold those.

Archived