Gibson Brands Forums

Word from Flint, Michigan USA

GuildPlayer

Hey everybody! I'm a self-taught mandolinist/guitarist from Flint, Michigan. I play pop, rock, and blues. My two absolute babies out of my collection of instruments are my 2003 Gibson Melody Maker (a custom build in progress) and my 1954 Guild Aristocrat (first model year, all original, and a family heirloom). My first instrument is mandolin and currently I play a 2014 Fender Mando-Strat 8. However, after talking to Fender customer service, I will NEVER buy an instrument from them again. Just a little about me. Nice to meet you all.

Yeah, a couple phone calls and emails later, I want nothing to do with them. It doesn't bother me though, bolt on necks feel cheap anyways. Lol

Well, to each his/her own. I have a 1964 L series Fender Strat, that I got (new) on my 14th birthday,

and I (still) LOVE it, 53 years later! But, I love my many Gibson's, too! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Hey everybody! I'm a self-taught mandolinist/guitarist from Flint, Michigan. I play pop, rock, and blues. My two absolute babies out of my collection of instruments are my 2003 Gibson Melody Maker (a custom build in progress) and my 1954 Guild Aristocrat (first model year, all original, and a family heirloom). My first instrument is mandolin and currently I play a 2014 Fender Mando-Strat 8. However, after talking to Fender customer service, I will NEVER buy an instrument from them again. Just a little about me. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome, and I am sorry to hear about your experience with Fender, it's disappointing for you to spend a lot of money on a musical instrument, only for it to let you down.

And well done on being able to teach yourself guitar, I wish I had the talent, I had to take a s*#t load of lessons before I could progress on the guitar.

Welcome, and I am sorry to hear about your experience with Fender, it's disappointing for you to spend a lot of money on a musical instrument, only for it to let you down.

And well done on being able to teach yourself guitar, I wish I had the talent, I had to take a s*#t load of lessons before I could progress on the guitar.

Thank you! I had to play until my fingers split open, finally get calluses, then play until my calluses fell off! Hahaha I'm a man with a lot of free time

1486731542[/url]' post='1833946']

Thank you! I had to play until my fingers split open, finally get calluses, then play until my calluses fell off! Hahaha I'm a man with a lot of free time

Welcome to the forum and I have tons of free time too and love it! msp_flapper.gif Folks ask me how being retired feels like and I tell them just like Ground Hog Day. Each day feels the same and you can do whatever you want to do! Sorry to hear about your problem with Fender. I have 2 Les Paul's and 2 Fenders. The Fender I love is a vintage modified Jaguar in Squire with vibrato arm. Works great with the surf songs I play.

Yea seems thjat trying trying to get a response from Fender CS is sort of like trying to find intelligent life in deep space...

Thankfully,,, I was able to solve the problems with out their {crappy} support...

welcome to the forum!

Archived