Gibson Brands Forums

Stand up knob twiddlin'

surfpup

Anyone else have pedals they wish they could twiddle with while playing and not have to bend over or toe-twiddle? I've seen Nels Cline keep his on a table.

In an attempt at a smaller solution, I took this clamp on tray I sometimes use for capos, picks, and beers and clamped it to the top of a mic stand. It will just hold two pedals (though I'm not happy with the way I had to turn the delay sideways to make it work). I may try to work up a larger version with my Pedal Train Jr.

Wondering if anyone has found a good solution for keeping certain pedals within twiddling range.

IMG_7922.jpg

find a flange that will thread onto the top of a mic stand..........then attach it to the bottom of a small/flat pedaltrain.

I would think if you attached it with self tapping screws, it would be totally reversible.

NHTom

find a flange that will thread onto the top of a mic stand..........then attach it to the bottom of a small/flat pedaltrain.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. A bit worried about the sturdiness though. I can already tell that clicking the mechanical stomp switches puts a lot of pressure on the rig. I ordered a threaded mic stand flange today and will try it.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. A bit worried about the sturdiness though. I can already tell that clicking the mechanical stomp switches puts a lot of pressure on the rig. I ordered a threaded mic stand flange today and will try it.

HMMMMMMMMMM...............two flanges and two stands? one at each end of the pedal board?

NHTom

HMMMMMMMMMM...............two flanges and two stands? one at each end of the pedal board?

NHTom

More stable than one.... makes sense. I ordered a flange and I'll see how stable the PedalTrain mini is on one stand first.

Archived