Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Svenzo

beringer cmd sudio 2a with deckadance 2

With the cmd 2a, only specific buttons change color when the midi scripts are running. In order for you to get further assistance, I need to see what your midi controller configuration within deckadance looks like so I know what your working with.

There can be an error with the firmware of the CMD2A. If it's configured to receive MIDI messages by a MIDI channel different than one then the leds won't change. If this is the case then you will have to use the program "CMD channel changer" to change CMD2A's MIDI input channel (...it must to be channel 1). Here is a link with the instructions: https://musicgroup-prod.mindtouch.us/04_BEHRINGER/How_Do_I_Change_MIDI_Channel_On_My_CMD_Controller%3F

I have seen the channel changer already, but did not know for what I need that can fall :) thanks for the professional help which I got here!

Now functions against everything perfectly.

You are welcome ;-).

Would you know which other controllers in the CMD line have the firmware bug when you change MIDI channel the LEDs don't work anymore? CMD Studio 4a? CMD Touch TC64? CMD modular series?

It's a firmware setup problem more than a bug and it only happens in a few units (...the rule is that the units receive MIDI messages by channel 1). It can happen in whatever model of the CMD line because the firmware is similar (...you can change the MIDI input/output channel in all of them).