Gibson Brands Forums

I now want a Zakk Wylde guitar

Rabs

NOT!!!!!

I cant quite tell the purpose of this video apart from he didn't want to make it and that's the best they could get out of him :D

I love the, I take my inspiration from Viking names as he picks up the LPish shaped one which is hanging right next to a Gibson LP.. [rolleyes] and the organically steroid fed tress they use... haha

Rabs,

You are a good guy, superb craftsman, and a man who can truly appreciate master workmanship when it come to hand-made guitars.

Zakk Wylde is a good guy and a good guitar player who has a mass-produced product to sell.

There is so much about Zakk's product-schlepping that flies in the face of your core-beliefs (or so I can only imagine).

I'm just a player and a consumer.

MY views on the matter are strictly aesthetic and personal.

I like certain style guitars, and I eschew other styles of guitars.

I have reviewed the product line that Mr. Wylde is offering, and though I must admit that they are probably high-qualities guitars, none of them appeal to me personally.

:mellow:

Well thank you sir for your kind comments :)

And I just think there was always going to be a certain audience for his guitars.. Probably the same audience as the people who like his music... and other metal head shredder types (or wannabees :P).

And that's cool.. but yeah not for me either... Obvious rip offs finished with almost the worst taste possible... Which is just my view... but they just arnt my thing...

And I don't know why anyone on earth would buy this monstrosity... Its like its been purposely made to look as ugly as possible.. quite an achievement :D

ZakkWyldeZV_BE_Splash_zps9y7if4wd.jpg

If it helps, and just for perspective;

I really love and admire Steve Vai.

He's a virtuoso shred-meister supreme.

But what I really love is to watch him interviewed, and to see him speak and offer advice and instruction.

His actual style of playing is awesome, but I can only take so much of it at one time.

I could never see myself driving cross-country and listening to hours of Steve Vai on the car's stereo.

It's like eating one of those mini-Snicker's Bars.

One is incredible, and tasty.

But if we were to endeavor to consume an entire bag-full, we would get really sick.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.

:unsure:

Im a big believer in each to their own.

The man has made a nice living making music for a very long time.. I respect anyone who can do that.

I just think he has the worst taste ever :) (which is obviously very subjective anyway im sure hes happy with it)

I cant quite tell the purpose of this video apart from he didn't want to make it and that's the best they could get out of him..;

blink.gif

It came across as some of the garbage folks tend to say when doing a sound-check before the actual take is shot - never intended to see the light of day.

Bizarre...

Pip.

He's funnier than shi! if you won the Civil War. If you didn't, then probably not, but that's o.k. Youze know what I'm saying over here, there?

I like the one with the "Hey, my buddy Sal's a big Vikings fan so we went with the whole Viking thing."

I was never big on musicians in Halloween costumes, but he's got the self deprecating dry stuff down pretty good. [thumbup]

He's funnier than shi! if you won the Civil War.

are you sure you don't have that backwards?

that aside, i give props to zak for being a great player who can also make jokes about himself. he doesn't seem to have the attitude that some of the big name guys do.

it seems like these days he doesn't play with the same intensity that he used to. everyone gets tired i suppose. i think he did as much for ozzy as ozzy did for him, career-wise

Nasty looking guitars, but I s'pose thats what he's going for.

If I'm honest, I only ever heard of him when I bought an epiphone travel guitar. It was a midget 'peewee' LP. Only used it on one holiday. Not much cop as a guitar really.

xl_35167-PPGRELZWAINH4_super.jpg

When I finally got around to hearing Zakk, he sounded exactly how I imagined he would.

Anything with a target on it is out for me.

With the controversial relaxing of the gun laws, and the alleged allowing of mentally ill people to purchase one, I'm staying away from target fashion :D :D :D

I'm always in favor of relaxing the gun laws.

hqdefault.jpg

I hope I don't offend anyone here, but those "things" look like something you might see little Thing 1 and Thing 2 using as part of a Dr. Seuss story. Did we really need a brand that copied the best designs of Gibson and the worst designs of BC Rich all in one? I think not! Again, no offence to BC Rich as I do like some of their designs.

I thought Zakk did a great job when he played in Ozzy's band. From an interview Ozzy did, he let Zakk go when his playing was getting darker and it was creeping into his Ozzy shows.

A friend of mine had an extra ticket (general admission - standing) to a show in a small theater last year and I went. It was Zakk, Yngwie, Tosin Abassi and Nuno Bettencourt. I'd seen Yngwie 3 times before (which was already 1 more than I should have). Nuno was good, and I had never heard Tosin before. His stuff was just weird to me.

Anyway, in a part of Zakk's performance, after around 5 minutes of a 3-note solo on the B/E strings high up on the neck, he came out into the audience using about a 200-foot cable running across the heads of the audience and continued to move around the crowd playing the same 3 notes. About half way through I hit the bathroom and took a #2 that made sounds better than what was coming from the stage. Unfortunately, I finished before he was done and had to endure a few more minutes of the 3 note shredfest before it was over.

I like to leave a show inspired by the artists to go home and work on my playing. That didn't happen that night.

Sorry for the long story, but maybe it could save one of you from going through this experience yourself in the future

Wonder if they sell.

A bit odd that I've never really listened to Zakk. Then again, I'm no die-hard Ozzy fan... so I never checked out his solo/side stuff. Maybe I should. And he seems like a nice guy, from the interviews I've seen.

But whenever I see that guitar, I hear Jerry Seinfeld in my head, holding the infamous puffy shirt: "they're making THESE?!" :P

I'll take one for the team, if you like.

There's a guitar store here that has some Zakk Wylde guitars.

I'll go down there tomorrow and play one or two, plugged in and unplugged.

I'll come back and give an objective and fair review.

Hopefully by mid-afternoon tomorrow.

[mellow]

[mellow]

Good plan.

A volunteer is better than two pressed men. Your courage is noted and your name will be mentioned in dispatches. All our thoughts are with you. Good luck.

[mellow]

Don't poke anyone's eyes out with those things!

Archived