Gibson Brands Forums

my les paul supreme flame inlay

gibsonsupremejpk

thanks' date='no one wants to get ripped off.im gonna put these pics on here in a sec.what number did u say to call,i called the nashville one.[/quote']

Support

IN THE USA:

1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766)

service@gibson.com

Yeah, don't take it personally, man. Really, I would very much like to be wrong on this. Believe me...we're all on your side.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

e179_3.JPG

This is a bridge from an Epiphone. Look at the posts on either

end of the saddle. You can see that you could use a philips head

screw driver to adjust the height of the saddle.

If the saddle on your LP looks like this, it is not a Gibson guitar.

8 digit number 02005447 stamped' date='made in usa under it stamped gibson on top of head supreme in middle and gold plate les paul,just like standard supreme's have.[/quote']

As I stated earlier, a Supreme will have a Custom Shop serial number (usually "CS" plus 5 digits). The 8 digit number is all the proof I need that it's fake.

i did talk to a guy at the gibson factory' date='i only live a hour from it.he said its worth double what i give but maybe he's wrong.[/quote']

Yes he is.

thanks i'll give them a call tommorow.

Save yourself a phone call. I just got off the phone with Benton at Gibson Customer Support (it is a 24 hour number) and that serial number comes back to nothing. It isn't even in the database. He said "it doesn't look good" and that a lot of the fake serial numbers start with "02005".

I'd call "the guy you know" at the local shop the second they open tomorrow and fill him in. If he doesn't immediately cooperate' date=' tell him to look up this particular thread, and then go have a look here as well...

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=12795

If you want to save him a lot of reading, just tell him it's about a guy who bought a fake Les Paul. He found that out when he posted photos here. The seller claims he had no idea and was being a ****. Law enforcement got involved (selling a counterfeit guitar [b']IS A CRIME[/b] even if you didn't know it was fake) and to avoid being prosecuted, the seller "agreed" to refund the money.

Good luck.

img][img]images wont work im tired of trying it i copied it on photobucket.i guess i'll call him tommorow.yeah i called it and said i would have to send pics.but i run the numbers on a site,can't remeber will look in a min,but it said it was made in nashvile july 14 05 i think 32 that day but if i am going to be sure its fake.

Good luck brother, one call to Gibson will straighten it out as to it's authenticity, then you can get your money back if needed. If it's fake and the guy that sold it to you, sold it with the knowledge that it wasn't real, he could face prosecution I believe. I hope that things turn out well for you. If you are going to purchase another used Gibby, get the serial # and check with Gibson first. Or post some pics here, these guys know what they are talking about...at least when it comes to guitars...lol.

it was the guitardaterproject.com' date='it says its a gibson,made in nashville plant,tn,usa july 19th,2005 production number 147[/quote']

No. What it says is that IF a Gibson guitar had that serial number, it would mean that it was made on july 19th, 2005. We've been told by Gibson that there is no guitar listed in their database bearing that serial number.

Just go back to the shop with the guitar, return it, and get your money back.

If the Gibson customer service says it ain't Gibson, that means it ain't.

So please take a moment for this info to sink in and take an action tomorrow.

Update us what happens.

th_101_1193.jpgobucketh_101_1172.jpgt.com/albums/uu201/dirtracer28/th_101_1192.jpg[/img][/url]

im 22 how old are you?why does it matter?some said take a pic of the controls cavity,or something i can take a pic of whatever.i see it has no plates,but how would you change the battery.i know a guy who worked at gibson for 15 years,im gonna talk to him before i take it back.

Archived