Gibson Brands Forums

my les paul supreme flame inlay

gibsonsupremejpk

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neck Binding ??? Nope ...

D'oh!

Spotted that one but forgot to mention it. Gibsonsupremejpk, what he's talking about is that on a real Gibson, the binding covers the ends of the frets. On a fake, the...

Why the heII am I wasting my time explaining this. The guy isn't going to believe it even if Les freaking Paul himself knocks on his door, goes in to his living room, and takes a dump on his Res Paul Supleme.

op' date=' did you contact Gibson and ask about the SN. also, why would a shop sell a $3000+ guitar (a reg Supreme is $3000) for $1200[/quote']

Read the last couple of pages. I already explained 2 or 3 times why the serial number is wrong (actually, the serial number format even PROVES it's a fake). I also mentioned that I did call Gibson an hour or two ago and that the serial number is fake.

Dude.....First off you are in a Gibson forum, and these guys know their ****, if they tell you its a fake ....its fake! Thay arent against you, they are just pissed that these pieces of **** are going around.

I know supreame's, 1. Gibsons including the Supreames never came in that orange color 2. they only have flame maple tops, not curly like yours 3.the headstock and serial # dont look right 4. supreames never ever everrrrr came with that inlay..........Should i keep going?

GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the last couple of pages. I already explained 2 or 3 times why the serial number is wrong (actually' date=' the serial number format even PROVES it's a fake). I also mentioned that I [i']did[/i] call Gibson an hour or two ago and that the serial number is fake.

yes i agree his guitar is a fake but, a Gibson Les Paul Supreme is a Gibson USA model(regular production) and not a CS model and does have a 9-digit Serial number(8-digit on the earlier ones) not a CS Serial number. check the pics of the real Supreme from the 12thFret site that you posted earlier, it has a Gibson USA SN.

heres a pic of a real LP Supreme headstock and SN from an official Gibson dealer(sweetwater.com)

027380320-headstock-l.jpg

027380320-serial-l.jpg

027380320-front-l.jpg

027380320-back-l.jpg

well i will quit wasting your time and mine' date='there is no point in being so rude.i just got on here to talk about guitars not put down.maybe its is fake i will find out but it looks and play better than most i played like it.i think its kinda stupid to do all that to a fake tough.[/quote']

We're not trying to be rude. We're trying to get you to understand that the faster you act on this, the more likely you are to get your money back. We're also trying to give you as much info as possible so that when you do take it back, you'll know what you're talking about.

As far as it looking and playing great...

That may be true, but someone charged you $1200 for a $350 guitar. we're just trying to help you out.

well i will quit wasting your time and mine' date='there is no point in being so rude.i just got on here to talk about guitars not put down.maybe its is fake i will find out but it looks and play better than most i played like it.i think its kinda stupid to do all that to a fake tough.[/quote']

and what kind of guitars have you played??? What kind of amp do you have?? (i bet a line 6 spider) i dont think you know how to distinguish between good tone and crappy tone.......sorry man, but the guy at the store lied to you, get your money back and put it towards a real gibson, you will hear feel and notice a big big BIG difference.

well i will quit wasting your time and mine' date='there is no point in being so rude.i just got on here to talk about guitars not put down.maybe its is fake i will find out but it looks and play better than most i played like it.i think its kinda stupid to do all that to a fake tough.[/quote']We're not aren't angry at you, or trying to put you down, we're just sick of so many people getting takin advantage of by a**holes, who get away with selling totally fake guitars, or anything for that matter, and with all the attention paid to this subject, it still continues to happen. So don't take it personally.:-$

Archived