Gibson Brands Forums

Selling RG4000 - Last First Production run

Phippers

I love the idea of number 4000. You're pretty fortunate. I think that is the coolest number GOR to have after say, the first 25. Good for you man.

That being said, I absolutely hate when people attempt to sell something and instead of asking a given price, they make potential buyers submit offers. That's a chicken **** thing to do. To respond in kind, I'll give you 200 bucks for it!

I think a 'for sale' post on a internet forum is very black or white.

ie,

people either post responses if they are interested, or... if they think the guy/girl selling is a joker they show their disinterest by not buying/enquiring.

I don't see the point in ganging up and taking the piss out of someone??

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of places are for me.

Matt

I think a 'for sale' post on a internet forum is very black or white.

ie' date='

people either post responses if they are interested, or... if they think the guy/girl selling is a joker they show their disinterest by not buying/enquiring.

I don't see the point in ganging up and taking the piss out of someone??

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of places are for me.

Matt

[/quote']

Matt, you might be in luck in this particular for sale forum - I just saw a sense of humour at a very reasonable price on another thread.

Matt,

That probably started with me. I was serious that number 4000 is pretty cool in my book, but also stated my feelings on asking for bids. I thought this insight (which might be held by others, hence the posting of it on a forum wondering if others concurred) might help him/her to establish an asking price and then take offers stemming from that initial offering.

I think others were adding humor to the thread.

Phippers seems to be taking it well, but I apologize if I offended the person, and not the action, which was my intent.

Val

Matt' date='

That probably started with me. I was serious that number 4000 is pretty cool in my book, but also stated my feelings on asking for bids. I thought this insight (which might be held by others, hence the posting of it on a forum wondering if others concurred) might help him/her to establish an asking price and then take offers stemming from that initial offering.

I think others were adding humor to the thread.

Phippers seems to be taking it well, but I apologize if I offended the person, and not the action, which was my intent.

Val[/quote']

Yeah, it's only a bit of fun. I'm sure if someone wanted to put in a serious offer for Phippers Robot, this wouldn't detract from it.

Apoplogies though if I have pissed anyone off.

Matt' date=' you might be in luck in this particular for sale forum - I just saw a sense of humour at a very reasonable price on another thread.[/quote']

Link me please. I have desperately been looking for one of these.

AND my birthday is coming up.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Robotman,

In the states where they made the robots, we use a date designation the following way just like you would say it, December 12, 2007 = 12/07/07,

but hey your number is lower than mine and your like 6000 miles further away from the factory than me.

How about $225-$250. I'm very interested?

LOL...

To the OP. Dude, hold to that #4000. Sell it only if you are absolutely in desperate need for cash. On eBay it will not got more than 1,800$ TOPS, so you will be losing money selling it now.

The Robot technology doesn't seem to be stopping for nobody and in 10 or 15 years people will still remember the BlueBurst GORs as being the Grand daddys of all Robots.

Keep it, play it, enjoy it. It is a beautiful instrument..

Archived