Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of My #2 - She's an Effing Effer

SilverLesterStd

Hey' date=' now that is a guitar... Really nice man... I love teles.[/quote']

Thanks Thunder. I always wanted to like Teles, but never played one with a neck that I liked, until this one. It's a perfect guitar to contrast with my LP. The sound is somewhat of a "shimmer" to my ear. Also has twang like crazy if I choose. The only toggle position I cannot warm up to is the middle one. It just seems too thin and too twangy. Any ideas? Maybe this position is just for country music? Do you use this position TG?

I think you are right... Ive read in hundreds of reviews and articles how he middle position is "the trademark telecaster sound", but I just have no use for it... just as you described it. Both the neck position and the bridge position are great, but combined I think it takes away what is great about both and leaves you with the bad. Maybe country players find it useful, I dont.

Well I'm glad my Tele isn't crippled or something. I wasn't sure others had this middle position sound. I agree that both the neck and the bridge pups are strong on their own. You can coax quite alot of different sounds from these stock pickups. It doesn't replace my LP by any means, but does give me a different tool for certain songs.

I think that Telecasters have a great characteristic tone, but I find them very, very annoying to work with (especially if you're used to Les Pauls).

Definately not my thing, but I'm sure it will sound great (cause they do). I've owned Strats and Tele's, but they just don't get as much playing as my Les Pauls.

For me it's 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs, 2 pickups and nothing else.

I suck, I know. Sorry to take so long to reply. My wife has been working on Reese's "My Space."

Bram - Thanks. I hear you on the 2, 2 & 2. The only thing I have trouble with on the Tele is with (I guess you would call) volume swells. It's hard for me to do sounds like the beginning of "Roundabout." Oh well, that's a great job for my LP.

KSG_Std - Glad you like her. What type of pups are on your Plus? I know that many (or all?) of the Strat Pluses came with lace sensors. I'm starting to see a theme here with the middle (worthless) toggle position. Hmm, what could it be?

bol316 - LOL! Yea, that's just me trying to get some attention for my baby.

mr. newhaven - Thank you. That was the best 1/2 a thou I ever spent. I got very lucky. I bet that strat's sweet. I played the hot-rod strat (57?) at Sam Ash. That particular strat wasn't to my liking.

BIGBENDS & phil - Happy you like. The only other one I've seen in this color (I'm sure there were plenty) was one I saw Nancy Wilson from Heart playing. Hers has a painted headstock as well.

ES - The bridge p/u is my favorite as well. To me, a Tele makes a kind of rubbery "sproing" sound. Me like. Make pain between ears go away.

SilverLesterStd

Archived