Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

kelly campbell

Thanks guys, yes it is a standard, and no I won't be posting any videos yet, I am not good enough in my opinion to post yet but I am working on it. I would be too embarrassed to play for others, My wife always gets on me saying that I am too hard on myself and I maybe but that's the way I am. Love the tone of this guitar.

Congrats there Kelly! [thumbup]

Is this the bird you were mentioning from the other post?

Sweet.....................enjoy 'er in good health brother and we have another Bird added into the fold. :-({|=

That tint of a finish is a Honeyburst on a Les Paul when its fading. [thumbup] Obviously Gibson would called it appropriately a HCB.

Any chance to hear her sound if you can't record for us as of yet?

Trans

Congrats there Kelly! [thumbup]

Is this the bird you were mentioning from the other post?

Sweet.....................enjoy 'er in good health brother and we have another Bird added into the fold. :-({|=

That tint of a finish is a Honeyburst on a Les Paul when its fading. [thumbup] Obviously Gibson would called it appropriately a HCB.

Any chance to hear her sound if you can't record for us as of yet?

Trans

Well I do not have any recording software or equipment or any accounts on any site(s). I just have not evolved to that point yet. Any recording would be probably pretty poor quality and would not do it justice but I will look into it. Thanks

Well I do not have any recording software or equipment or any accounts on any site(s). I just have not evolved to that point yet. Any recording would be probably pretty poor quality and would not do it justice but I will look into it. Thanks

No worries brother! When your up and ready. AM sure it's going to be a nice piece specially with the new BIRD [thumbup]

Trans

Congrats on the new Bird at home. The double-edged sword of the ngd announcement: people will be dying to hear it! Yes, only four thousand posts and no recording gear [mellow]. Many here have recently done quite well recording with just their iPhones. Get the Apogee 96K; it's made for the iPhone, and will give you great quality sound and the amazing video quality that the phones have these days. Imgur is a very user-friendly photo hosting site for embedding pics into your post.

Really like the burst on that one, and would love to see it out in natural light.

Enjoy your NGD weekend.

ps- when you say you "brought it home from Sweetwater", been to the brick and mortar store? Most here only know them from their online presence, and as such, know not to expect to see listings of used instruments (trade ins) for sale.

Congrats on the new Bird at home. The double-edged sword of the ngd announcement: people will be dying to hear it! Yes, only four thousand posts and no recording gear [mellow]. Many here have recently done quite well recording with just their iPhones. Get the Apogee 96K; it's made for the iPhone, and will give you great quality sound and the amazing video quality that the phones have these days. Imgur is a very user-friendly photo hosting site for embedding pics into your post.

Really like the burst on that one, and would love to see it out in natural light.

Enjoy your NGD weekend.

ps- when you say you "brought it home from Sweetwater", been to the brick and mortar store? Most here only know them from their online presence, and as such, know not to expect to see listings of used instruments (trade ins) for sale.

I respect your opinion and encouragement to do the recordings, However when I say I have not evolved to the point of posting here I also mean my talent level. The number of posts I have is only a reflection of enjoyment of learning from so many talented people here and it is a very "civil" forum compared to others. I just started trying to learn to play about three years ago, have never had any musical experience in my back round, and admittedly I do not put as much time into it as I should. I am soon to be 58 years old and do not pick up on things as quickly as I like. I get enjoyment and therapeutic value out of banging away what I can play. I was not trying to make excuses in saying I do not have the recording capabilities, just saying I have not really felt the need yet to do so due to lack of talent. Anyway I just wanted to explain further. When I do feel comfortable enough to do recordings believe me I will be elated and will do so. Thanks for the information. Also Sweetwater is about an hour from me and it has a great campus including a large and beautiful storefront. I say campus because it truly is, It has a restaurant, Coffee Shop, A beautiful small theatre that holds around three hundred, A Beauticians shop Several conference rooms and a free game room that has a pool table video games skee ball and a small putting surface. It is really incredible

Archived