Gibson Brands Forums

Leave it on, or take it off?

saturn

I only grew a beard twice in my life. My wife hated it although I grow a great filled in beard. It was because I worked outside in the winter at Union Pacific Railroad and I grew a goatee 2 or 3 times. She loved that because it was all grey. My best feature is my mustache that I had ever since high school. I did shave it once when I got married but she loves my mustache. She calls it a Tom Selleck mustache as well as others. I'm totally Grey now.

I only grew a beard twice in my life. My wife hated it although I grow a great filled in beard. It was because I worked outside in the winter at Union Pacific Railroad and I grew a goatee 2 or 3 times. She loved that because it was all grey. My best feature is my mustache that I had ever since high school. I did shave it once when I got married but she loves my mustache. She calls it a Tom Selleck mustache as well as others. I'm totally Grey now.

Grey is the new blonde I reckon and I was called distinguished looking by a medical professional once and rather liked the sound of that.

Besides it makes you look wise and even if thats not true, its nice that people might think you are.

Like I said before, I think I was born with a beard and have only shaved it off once in the 40 years of my marriage. My wife took one look, burst into tears and told me to grow it back......quickly~

Leave it, I've had mine for over 40 yrs. weather doesn't bother me, and it covers the big sausage under my chin [thumbup]

TC

Hey Cobber, I had a big sausage under my chin last night, and a couple of chops, but I ate them all!

Nice night for a BBQ!

Hey Cobber, I had a big sausage under my chin last night, and a couple of chops, but I ate them all!

Nice night for a BBQ!

Dig me mate, I wish I could do the same thing. But my sausage is attached for good. family trait [thumbdn]. So the beard covers the double chin, or in my case a triple.

TC

Dig me mate, I wish I could do the same thing. But my sausage is attached for good. family trait [thumbdn]. So the beard covers the double chin, or in my case a triple.

TC

You're not complaing are you TC?

Most of us only get to have one, and you've got 3!!!!

Cheers Cobber

The one time I shaved the mustache was because she wanted to see me without it and then gasped and said, looks like I robbed the cradle. You look so young, grow it back and no more kisses until it gets back on! She loves me in a goatee too but the beard is too scratchy to kiss. Go figure!

...I think it suits you - a bit Grohlesque!...

I was thinking a bit Dustin Hoffman!

I say on. I, too, think it suits you.

FWIW the last time I shaved was around 36 years ago. I usually leave it for a couple of months and then crop it close with hairdressing scissors. My hair started going grey when I was 28 (my mum noticed before I did) but the transformation from brown to grey overall been a very slow process. Now, almost 30 years later, it's probably 85% grey / 15% dark brown.

My beard, OTOH, was ginger (Viking / Irish genes!) which gave me a bit of an odd look. Folks used to ask (seriously!) whether I dyed my hair brown or my beard red...

Pip.

I say it stays. Keep the gray. Looks great.

Very unlike the hipster beards I see all the time these days. Maybe it's just that I'm blessed with a good, tidy beard, but if your "beard hair" is all pubic-hair curly, why grow a feet of it in your face?

Archived