Gibson Brands Forums

Norwegian Wood

MorrisrownSal

I am getting around to using the mandolin more. I love it. It's a very versatile instrument.

This is Norwegian Wood... guitar, vocals, uke bass, mandolin, red shaky thingy. Garageband. Apogee Mic. Apogee Jam to take in the uke signal.

https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/norwegian-wood

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooW !

Big star !

Can not imagine how cool you were on the sessions !

The following one(Slow version ?) has more personal expressions !

You -- [thumbup]

I --- ](*,)

This is Norwegian Wood... guitar, vocals, uke bass, mandolin, red shaky thingy. Garageband. Apogee Mic. Apogee Jam to take in the uke signal.

Superb, Sal! Lots of luscious strings, and the harmonies on the chorus were right there! (and unique, I might add). Such a dreamy piece....

Sorry to be a bit late-to-the-party on this one, Sal. No line of bullcrap----I'm really impressed with this recording. Did you do this at home? Very nice. I couldn't do it. I can play the mando and uke, but I can't get them to sound like that. Sweet rendition of a truly classic tune. You definitely make it your own......I really enjoy the videos you and others put on this forum. Seems like the folksingers and blues men rule.

Hats off for this go. I always thought the original invited the listener inside the intimate room where the scene unfolds.

One had the feeling of being a fly on the wall between the cushions and low furniture around the fireplace (I could even find my way to the bathroom).

Your version has that quality. And as we know, , , not all that easy to ambiance into a song.

Of course an extra tip for using vox-harmonies.

Archived