Gibson Brands Forums

Some Observations on past threads

MissouriPicker

Been trying to catch-up on some reading from the last couple weeks. A few topics stand-out to me. These are just my opinions. They don't necessarily make me right and someone else wrong.

1. I hope BBG is still hanging-around. In the world where most everyone is focused on themselves, you need people like him. He's a solid guy. Kind of guy I could argue with, then laugh about it and play some songs with him. This forum would be a lesser place without him. There are several in here that fit that description.

2. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. Go to something else. It's not brain surgery. There are topics in here that I rarely, if ever take part in. I just don't read or comment on them. No need for me to complain about them. And why would I? Obviously others enjoy them.

3. I like the videos. Aside from enjoying them, they put a human face and personality on the "forum name." Keep posting them. I'll comment on them. I don't care if you're a complete novice or a pro. I like the performances and the discussions they lead-to.

4. Some people are continuously looking for something to be offended by. Say a quick prayer for them, then move-on and make your point. They're not bad people. There's just not a great deal you can do for them.

MP nails it.

JC - I hope you dont leave. You were always the first one to draw attention to cool reviews online - etc - and you know so much about the models. Yes. many are no longer here. Where is Murph? hasnt been around in over a month, and I hope he is ok. New ones have filled in. We will come and go. That's what happens in communities - they evolve. BBG may go. You may go. I may go... but new ones come in who make it better, or at least different.

This is the internet. After all, it all dont matter. We all have real lives and friends, who I dare say are more important than the connections on these forums, even if they are warm connections.

I used to post a bunch more than I do now.

Things just get less interesting as time goes on and many of the guys that were here when I started are no longer around...I am actually thinking about taking a break myself.

JC

JCv, I think you described very succinctly the malaise that affects many who have been here awhile. It's almost like having a job. Even working at a Church Soup Kitchen - I bet you find the occasional person who makes it tough to get up every morning and go in to mince onions with a smile on your face.

This forum would certainly be much less of an enjoyable and well-informed place if you were to leave.

Exactly!! Sometimes I wonder if an actual adult is posting here and not a child.

Alas, childhood is long behind me - though 2nd childhood might appear unannounced and uninvited and rather unwelcome at any moment. 😢

The brain surgery threads are the only ones I read, so please don't stop those.

rct

I'm partial to the rocket science threads. You know - the ones that maintain that it really IS rocket science😏

The brain surgery threads are the only ones I read, so please don't stop those.

rct

what sub forum are those usually posted in? I think I've missed those,, and I'd really like to catch up..

(and.. Nice to see you are still around Stu!!!)

Archived