Gibson Brands Forums

kahler tremolos

iownatbass

i have an sg that i want a tremolo on. im realy looking into a kahler 7200 model. how much work do yo acctually have to do to your guitar with this model? and is there any other models that require 0 work i.e routing' date=' redrilling?[/quote']

that is a sick tremelo it came standard on my kerry king v and it is awesome...dont know how much work it takes to have one installed tho

my experience with kahlers have led me to believe they suck.

do you like to bend strings? would it annoy you if every time you did bend a string you had to use the whammy bar to knock it back in tune? only way to avoid this is bridge and nut lubrication (i.e. graphite)

and dont get me started on those rollers, besides, dont route a fat hole in your SG for a crappy tremolo system.

stetsbars are cool, and floyds are nice (but again, i wouldnt want to route my guitar for a floyd)

have you looked at a bigsby?

my experience with kahlers have led me to believe they suck.

Yup me too. Unless you dont ever bend a string. If you want a tremolo the floyd is the best thing, but you dont want to route. This is why I have a few ibanezes laying around. The gibsons serve their purpose, so do my Ibanezes. I dont try to put a fixed bridge on my ibanez, and I dont try to put an original floyd rose in my sg. But thats just me.

yeayea iv looked into bigsbys but i play pretty much all metal and i need something that i can do divebombs and stuff with, like a floyd. but i want to be able to put my tune o matic back on if i wanna sell it or soemthing, and a gibson that have been ****d with are worthless. Do the stetsbars just mount right on? and can you bend forward and back with them? i wanna be able to do stuff like dimebag

i wanna be able to do stuff like dimebag
:)

dude, the setsbar is a trem, not a dive bomber, there is a reason guitars w/ floyd's have locking nuts with extra metal drilled through neck, floyd's are MADE to withstand the extreme pitch drops and keep in tune

sell your sg and get something with a floyd rose,

Archived