Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Buc McMaster

Capn Kirk

Outside of Texas you may not have heard of Bob Schneider, many years ago the king of the Austin music scene. A prolific writer, this is one of my favorites.......a simple, happy song.

Capn Kirk B)

Brand new set of DR Sunbeam PB lights on the Hummingbird......thought I'd give phosphor bronze another shot on this guitar......very warm sound.

.....maybe I should invest in a comb.......

You would have to post a tune with the Humming Bird Vintage, after the tunes with the 45 Vintage I was telling my self my 45tv is all I need, and to stop thinking about these Humming Birds.

Both sound good to me. Nice tune, hadn't heard of him before, and I love the music the came out of Texas." And I just want to feel good "

Nice shirt cool color

Not a trekkie, and I still loved it! Fun tune...and guitar and voice in top form. Love that bird...maybe even more than your J-45...it's close.

I agree.....the Hummingbird does sound nice and solid. I have gone back to .012 strings as the .013s were eating my callouses........no pain, just shredding.

This is a fun little song - thanks for listening! [smile]

Great job, Buc! I love that song. Longtime Bob fan here. I spent many nights at his standing gig every Tuesday night at Antone's (Austin) many years ago. He's a great songwriter and still relatively unknown even in Texas. So many great songs! Thanks for jogging my memory bank this morning. I'm looking forward to listening to Bob all day now.

Have you heard "We are the Sons of Ralph'?

Not familiar with that one, J-guy.......I'll check it out. I'm working on Come With Me Tonight right now, another really nice Bob tune. Like to hear your cover of Ralph!

Thanks!

Not familiar with that one, J-guy.......I'll check it out. I'm working on Come With Me Tonight right now, another really nice Bob tune. Like to hear your cover of Ralph!

Thanks!

You should hear his version first. [biggrin]