Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want a Gibson j-15??

Remellick

Can't afford it myself so just want to share this awesome find!

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewitem.asp?itemid=37727066

Retails used for no less than 1k and this is WITH A CASE.. plus helping goodwill. All I know is someone is gonna score big if it's in as good of condition as they are saying it is.

Good luck.. share the story with us if you land it please!.. love a good story, who doesn't? :)

Yeah! $736 is just the beginning...there is no BUY IT NOW a la' Evil Bay...so the final bid will go over a grand or so for sure. [thumbup]

Unless I am missing something here?

Wish it was a 29 model instead! Snipe? [scared]

Trans

Yeah! $736 is just the beginning...there is no BUY IT NOW a la' Evil Bay...so the final bid will go over a grand or so for sure. [thumbup]

Unless I am missing something here?

Wish it was a 29 model instead! Snipe? [scared]

Trans

That's my impression, too. Maybe more than you have to pay elsewhere, depending if some auction freak gets their blood up. My luck with auctions = 💩, so perhaps I'm not the best one to judge....

$802.00 with 4 days and 7hrs left. Chances are greater that at least a minor repair will be required, and the possibility exist that a major repair will be due.

But then there's the chance of a jewel dropped off at goodwill by someone that knows charity isn't about giving junk you have no use for or don't want.

Maybe someone needing a quick tax write off or a estate liquidation ..or a spiteful spouse going through divorce. It may be rare but is not impossible to discover a rare find.

All that being said...

1. I have pulled the trigger on two guitars there and neither was that particularly rare item nor perfect jewel.

2. The best looking or seemingly rare or perfect find will often be bid beyond the price you could purchase the same guitar at reverb or wherever.

So.. I got so long winded the price has probably doubled by now lol

Looks to me like the east-west brace beneath the label has separated from the back.

Gotta be something wonky going on with that guitar for it to end up at Goodwill - and it's up over $800 now.

No thanks.

That may be extreme wide angle lens distortion. It's impossible to tell, really.

So.. I got so long winded the price has probably doubled by now lol

Haha, it did go up to $811 in the last few minutes. Here's the condition they say it is....

Condition
: Guitar & case are in good condition. Item shows little to no wear and may be a little dirty. May need light cleaning.

Little wear but dirty? Could just need a cleaning. As mentioned, most for sale on ebay are up at $1,000 or more, although past auctions show several went for $900 or less. Of course, they're about $1500 brand new. They haven't been out that long, right?

I see a couple used ones on guitar center's website for $1100 and several more for $1200. They charge $1500 new. The difference is, GC gives you a 45 day return/exchange period. ;)

I had one and did not like it. Sold it after a few months for what I bought it for. I will say the back on the one I had was really nice.

I gotta say, I had an order in for a new one with a burst finish through the Music Villa store in Bozeman. I waited for a couple weeks, then one came in... at about the same time a jumbo burst New Hartford Guild F50R with DTAR dual source came up on reverb. I made an offer at about $500 below what the Guild was originally asking for (well, he'd already lowered the price twice), and it was accepted! I have not. looked. back. Unnecessarily, but fashionably, this girl came with inlaid emeralds on the bridge pins and tuning posts. Crazy! rolleyes.gif

f50r557.jpg

f50r562.jpg

I gotta say, I had an order in for a new one with a burst finish through the Music Villa store in Bozeman. I waited for a couple weeks, then one came in... at about the same time a jumbo burst New Hartford Guild F50R with DTAR dual source came up on reverb. I made an offer at about $500 below what the Guild was originally asking for (well, he'd already lowered the price twice), and it was accepted! I have not. looked. back. Unnecessarily, but fashionably, this girl came with inlaid emeralds on the bridge pins and tuning posts. Crazy! rolleyes.gif

Talk about bling!

I fully agree. Humidity is approximately 1% to 2%. I've been there.

Maybe in the Mojave. Most other places (habitable) are around 20%.

That is, unquestionably dry - and why, back in the 70s when Detroit couldn't make a car that didn't rust - people would buy used cars in the SW and have them shipped a thousand miles.

23 hours, 22 minutes left. $1051. rolleyes.gif

Crazy stuff.

I'd almost bet the farm that this guitar has something wrong with it, and you can buy them used all day long for $1000 in excellent condition. $1274 brand new with warranty at the frequently seen 15% discount price (which is what I paid when the model first came out in 2014).

Well it's being sold by Goodwill. So maybe people are looking at this as a way to do something to help them and get a guitar as bonus? :)

Perhaps. Sure would be nice to believe, anyhow. I still contend it's no more than typical auction BS☺

Archived