Gibson Brands Forums

Hey, it's my 5000th post!!! standard faded mods... (it is done... PICS!)

Thundergod

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how exactly did you go about reversing the polarity on the pickup? cause i know you can do it by just turning the pikcup around backwards but it kinda sounds like you did something else.

looks f u c k i n g AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love that finish, it is definately one of the best looking LPs i have ever seen. it looks like the 59 i saw once but with a bit more flaming.

very sweet

Thanks guys... I just put her down after playing her for some hours, feels great (I also did a set up, lowered the strings a bit).

Nikko, just turning the pickup wont do the job (and will look weird), what I did was (as recommended by AXE and pippy) take out the magnet, turn the - side to the + side (up is still up) and pull it in back again. Very easy to do, some reviews on the net said that mod was a little difficult but I found it easy (I am handy with tools tho... and have been building stuff since I was 7, previous to that I had an entire career of taking things apart :-$ )

Thunder that is one beautiful axe man!! So tell did you use the lemon oil on the whole guitar or just the fret board?

Thanks man! About the lemon oil, I just applied it on the fretboard... I used GHS's guitar gloss on the body (just the top). That lemon oil works wonders on that fretboard, it can get really dry from time to time (while temperatures here are very high, the place where I keep my guitars and do most of my playing is very very cold, as I like cold).

:) =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Nice one Thunder!

Whats the score with the Fishman?

Flight959

I know this will souond weird... I didnt use it... I have a LR baggs bridge right here... but it is chrome!!! I just cand stand it ...

What I think I will do is this... when I get my new tele (wich has the same config as a gibson: 2 vol 2 tone knobs, stop tail/bridge combo), I'll replace the bridge and tailpiece with the lr baggs bridge and the tp6 tailpiece... I am waiting for the preamp to arive, I ordered it from stewmac a week ago.

OK, you guys just making me gas too much for covers so I ordered a pair. I was told by one place that the nickel covers are being discontinued. Maybe that's why the Gibson store is out of them? Dunno ... Hopefully I'll get these by the end of the week. Will post pics when I start the conversion.

Thanks, it really rocks... the PG mod is useful and she looks great...

I didnt get time to record anything during the weekend (st valentine's day... my girl almost killed me when I mentioned I was gonna spent some time recording some guitars... first time she's been jealous of them since we are a couple... she used to be jealous of them when we were just friends tho)

Looks great, Thunder!! One suggestion, if I may?

next time you replace the strings, try flipping the bridge so the screws face the pickups. Just to give it that vintage look.

I just did it to my 335 (ABR-1). It might be a slight pain in the a$$ popping each saddle out and reversing them...again just a suggestion. I think it looks great that way. Plus, there's more clearance on the back of the bridge.

5,000 posts...already? Weren't you at 4,000 last week?

What do you do, just hit +1 all the time??

Archived