Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Johnt

Kristofferson SJ

Does anyone know of one for sale??

Or perhaps some stores in the US who might conceivably fall over one?

Please??

Don't think I've ever seen one aside from the couple times I've seen Kristofferson play. I've often wondered what the difference between his SJ and one without his name is. Hope you find what you're after. [thumbup]

At homecoming a few years ago, the music Villa had 2. They were very nice, and the farm workers logo at the 12th fret looks very cool.

There is a new Vintage Sj for sale on some of the forums that I expect is real similar but for the signature and the ufw logo fret marker.

Thanks for replies guys

I kinda think it's a bit of a Hoky Grail job

I thought my 5 year quest for a J200-12 was bad enough

Set for the long haul, I'm a huge Kristofferson fan

........ I've often wondered what the difference between his SJ and one without his name is. ........ [thumbup]

I looked up the specs and from what I read, the Kris model has bone nut and saddle vs tusk, upgraded tuners, different neck shape, AAA-grade Sitka spruce top, custom inlays and custom case.

Sorry, never seen one.

But - if you're not aware - in your search... on this Gibson website, under Gibson Guitar Board forums - there is a section for 'gear, etc' which lists a Trading Post forum. You can post an "In Search Of ... a Kristofferson SJ" thread and see what happens. G'Luck.

Thanks for replies guys

I kinda think it's a bit of a Hoky Grail job

I thought my 5 year quest for a J200-12 was bad enough

Set for the long haul, I'm a huge Kristofferson fan

I know a guitar shop owner in Suffolk who owned one and probably still does. The way he has talked about it in the past, I can't imagine he would have sold it or that it would be for sale. But I suppose I could enquire subtly the next time I'm passing by.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262893309619 .

This one currently up for sale on ebay in UK in Glasgow Scotland. Not much use to you I wouldn't think but looks great.

Might actually be of quite a bit of use, Brixa- John is in the UK, and the Kris SJ looks to be in fine condition. Good find.

Might actually be of quite a bit of use, Brixa- John is in the UK, and the Kris SJ looks to be in fine condition. Good find.

Looks like it sold

Sorry, never seen one.

But - if you're not aware - in your search... on this Gibson website, under Gibson Guitar Board forums - there is a section for 'gear, etc' which lists a Trading Post forum. You can post an "In Search Of ... a Kristofferson SJ" thread and see what happens. G'Luck.

Good idea

Thanks

But was it John's?

Guys thanks so much

But I missed it

Kicking myself it was a great price too

Ouch!'

I know a guitar shop owner in Suffolk who owned one and probably still does. The way he has talked about it in the past, I can't imagine he would have sold it or that it would be for sale. But I suppose I could enquire subtly the next time I'm passing by.

Would appreciate that

Not Robbie by any chance?

In Suffolk a fair amount

Would appreciate that

Not Robbie by any chance?

In Suffolk a fair amount

Not sure what his name is: A. Slade Guitars in Beccles. Will ask him next time I pass that way.

Not sure what his name is: A. Slade Guitars in Beccles. Will ask him next time I pass that way.

Thanks

Not the same guy

Robbie is in Sudbury

Cheers

Guys thanks so much

But I missed it

Ouch!'

I didn't

. . . But I missed it

I didn't

Wha-t ? Surely you're not going through the trouble and expense to have it shipped back across the pond, are you? [biggrin]

John- gotta be careful when you make a post like that OP, and not check back ; someone like Brixa just might be be up for the challenge of finding you one!

Thanks

Not the same guy

Robbie is in Sudbury

Cheers

Robbie Gladwell, I'm guessing. No: wrong end of Suffolk for me.

Guys thanks so much

But I missed it

Ouch!'

I just received the guitar and you did miss out on a good one. If it weren't for the pick guard scratches, you'd think it had never been played. Simple setup and it will be ready to go.