Gibson Brands Forums

middle position

myspace.com/jessenoah

I usually don't like the mushiness of the middle position' date=' and find it unusable in the context of live performance aside from when I'm just doing less-dirty chording or the occasional background bottleneck part. I'm almost exclusively a bridge-position whore. Although after performing the "Peter Green Mod" by swinging around the neck pickup magnet on one of mine I've found the sound far more usable and unique. Gotta' love those "accidental discoveries". Thanks, Peter's guitar tech. :)

H-Bomb[/quote']

I dont use the middle position for the same reason, and also just performed the Peter Green mod to my lp yesterday... very usable tone now. Glad I did.

I dont use the middle position for the same reason' date=' and also just performed the Peter Green mod to my lp yesterday... very usable tone now. Glad I did.[/quote']

Yeah, it's amazing to hear what that little simple trick can do to open up that sound on the middle position, especially overdriven. Glad to see others enjoy that as well!

H-Bomb

i love the middle position, and i throw on the middle pickup in single coil mode, with all pickups on, you get real full range of frequencies with the tone knobs around the middle

but the middle position with tone knobs ALL the way down, whoooeee i love that tone too

if im not there im using my neck with tones near 3-4

in fact i hardly use just my treble pickup

those are my fav. sweet spots

Archived