Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Allenjason95

Titanium nut for 2015 junior

I replaced the nut with the free titanium one, raised the P-90 pickup a little and place it parallel to the strings (using small rubber shims) followed all the instructions regarding the GForce tuning system and now I love the sound and playability of my 2015 Jr. that is a good companion of my US Stratocaster and my old weird Casio (always working well) MG 500.happy.gif

My 2015 has been one of the best guitars I have owned. The finish is amazing. I'm glad they fixed the brass nut issue.

I replaced the nut with the free titanium one, raised the P-90 pickup a little and place it parallel to the strings (using small rubber shims) followed all the instructions regarding the GForce tuning system and now I love the sound and playability of my 2015 Jr. that is a good companion of my US Stratocaster and my old weird Casio (always working well) MG 500.happy.gif

I just couldn't get into the Gforce. I can see it maybe if you play alternate tunings live a lot but just as far as tuning the guitar goes it's a (messy) solution looking for a problem. I sold mine so I basically traded it for regular old tuners.

The titanium nut is great though. Not having to constantly retune is nice.