Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Remellick

Setting up my new (ntm) aj-200e

Replacing plastic nut saddle and pins with Graph Tech tusq products. Nut is the replacement model for this guitar but the saddle is a 16" radius microbalanced compensated saddle specifically for acoustic/electric and the pins are their white "presentation" style with puau shell dots tusq.

Question:

Anyone here with experience installing or playing this specific saddle and these specific style pins by graph tech tusq on their acoustic electric epiphone?

No one?.. really?

I changed the saddle on my DR Masterbuilt. I purchased a few generic ones and filed them to meet the size of the old with a few modifications for height. I wanted to lower the height but took the original too far. I don't like to shim them. Have not done a nut yet.

Doug

I'm comfortable with installation and all.. but I was hoping to hear some reviews on these particular parts from actual customers of Graph Techs tusq microbalanced 16" radius compensated acoustic/electric saddle.

Ok..

Update in case anyone is left wondering.. graph tech customer support FAILED!

The 16" microbalanced tusq saddle was much too small in length for my Aj-200 and the "presentation" style pins from tusq were also too small.

Nut was perfect size and it is installed and waiting for me to lower it. I went ahead and ordered the 3"tusq saddle (pq-9276-00) which is also waiting for me to custom fit.

For now I will stick with the plastic pins that came in the guitar.