Gibson Brands Forums

The deaths that put a tear in your eye

Bluemoon

Jacco Pastorius' date=' beaten to death by a bouncer in A Florida night club.... The biggest waist of a musical genius of all time....!!!

Also Hendrix, and Lenon.... It's curious no one has mentioned Elvis Presley considering the mega superstar he was...[/quote']

Elvis...he was done by the time he died.

Lux Interior, Link Wray, John Lee Hooker, Gatemouth Brown (died RIGHT after Katrina), Johnny Cash...

But we gotta have a sense of humor about death.

*Diamond Darrell's (he changed his stage name to try to shun his hair metal identity) last words: "Can I get a couple of shots up here?"

elvis.

he ruined his perfect lifestyle by over indulging in food and prescription drugs.

he was amazing and just went down hill so quickly.

and also the lynyrd skynyrd deaths.

they were getting big and then that happened and just destroyed everything

randy rhoads was sad too because he was so young and had so much ahead of him.

he could have been as renowned as hendrix one day.

Jerry Reed, Walyon Jennings, and Chris Ledoux

I will say that everytime I hear Little Martha I tear up a little bit. There's just something about listening to Duanne play. I can't explain it. I know if I was alive when he passed, I would've cried my eyes out.

Definitely George Harrison. He was always my favorite Beatle.

Not to hijack this thread, but it makes me physically ill when people say this. As a guitar player, he was strictly worse than almost everyone in the 60s (Clapton, Page, Beck, Hendrix, to name a few), as a songwriter he was worse than Lennon and McCartney, and as a person he was a self-centered, mopey asshole who felt he deserved more recognition than he got.

Also, the Stones did the sitar better.

As far as the saddest musical deaths, I would say all of them. I don't care if it was an OD or a bus crash, whenever someone dies, especially someone with a talent that they are sharing with the world, it's a sad day. But the death that affected me personally the most was when Johnny Cash died. I was in 9th grade and always felt a sort of kinship towards Johnny Cash.

Archived