Gibson Brands Forums

Roland JC-22 Amp on the Way from Sweetwater

RevDavidLee

Many years ago I had the good ol Roland JC-120 which over time became too heavy to lug around so I sold it. I have fond memories of the tone out of that amp & have been jonesing for these new smaller versions since the JC-22 amps were released. I was perusing the Sweetwater website to look at the new Guilds that a couple of forumites just bought & looked at these JC-22's and decided I had waited long enough. Ordered yeasterday & got the email this morning that it has shipped today. Unlike BadBluesPlayer who is contemplating putting on a suit & tie to welcome the FedEx delivery person - my FedEx guy knows me by site [smile]

Anyone else bought one of these! Interested in your thoughts! B)

jc-22_F_gal.jpg

I've been eyeballing these amps...

Me too. I've contemplated a couple of "vintage" JC-20's, but the tariff has been too high. Can't wait to get a report on this little bugger.

For jazz gigs I'm currently using a Roland Cube 30x and am completely satisfied with it, but hey, it's just not a "JC".

Congrats, Rev. Good choice. I love Roland amps, too. Just last night I ordered a Roland CB-60XL 60 watt Cube Bass amp from Sweetwater.

I also own a 80XL Cube that I really like, and I've been eyeing the Blues Cubes.

what?? no GAIN and GAIN 2 controls??? how in the blue f--- you gonna make chain saw sounds wit DAT???

JK...

Hard to beat a JC amp for pure clean tones, the original JC120s were freaking MONSTERS.. Some of loudest cleans EVER!!!!!!!

what?? no GAIN and GAIN 2 controls??? how in the blue f--- you gonna make chain saw sounds wit DAT???

JK...

Hard to beat a JC amp for pure clean tones, the original JC120s were freaking MONSTERS.. Some of loudest cleans EVER!!!!!!!

[thumbup]

P.S. I have plenty of other amps for that chain saw sound [biggrin]

It arrived Saturday & I've had only an hour to mess with it (busy busy weekend) but I can tell you from initial run through that I love this amp and it will do wonderfully in the studio and for the purposes I intended (song writing in the living room for example). This could easily be gigged with for a smaller venue, and if run thru the board it could easily handle a larger room. Would also work well for any of you that play churches. It's clean & pristine and the Chorus & Reverb are as lush and spacial as you would expect them to be. It is manufactured in Malaysia which I did not know - not real pleased with that based on other products I've tried from there, but if she holds up then no harm no foul. Roland is a very dependable name in the music industry so for now I'll just kick back and enjoy it! Very lucious indeed. For $399 & free shipping I'm just fine with the bang for the buck. Love saving my tube amps (and tubes) for larger projects & the road so I'm good to go [thumbup]

... It's clean & pristine and the Chorus & Reverb are as lush and spacial as you would expect them to be. I

Be cool to run side by side with another small amp that excels at crunch. You'd have everything covered with just an A/B switch.

Archived