Gibson Brands Forums

Newb saying hello.

The Funkmeister

My name is Dave and I live in Kansas City MO. I've been playing since I was around 12 but am currently 44 yrs old. I've had many different guitars and amps over the years and yes, I play more than just Gibsons.

I'm a self-admitted rhythm guitarist..not lead guitarist. I also enjoy writing my own stuff. I've taught many people how to play guitar over the years and many of them are much better than me now (which is great).

I currently have a 1999 Gothic ES-135 with humbuckers, ebony fretboard, 12 fret moon/star inlay, etc. (I know... I know...you either hate the guitar or love it...That's OK as I have a love/hate relationship with it as well). The ES-135 is being played through a Mesa Boogie Rocket 440 Combo Amp (45 watts) with 4x 10" Jenson Alnico P10Rs, etc.

I used to have a 1948 Southern Jumbo Acoustic that was given to me by my uncle when I was a kid but sadly an ex ended up with that guitar. Yes, I'm still sick to my stomach over that ordeal.

Anyways, I currently have a Seagull S6+ Spruce Acoustic that I bought back in the mid-90s. Talk about an excellent guitar for the price point. Solid spruce top/mahogany sides/backs... bare bones no frills axe. Love that guitar and it's aged beautifully.

Married with 4 kids so being able to sit down and play anymore seems like a privilege. Hopefully, we can share knowledge, experience and ideas.

Cheers.

The end/

1490991107[/url]' post='1845999']

Thanks Retired. I used to work a lot in Lincoln NE. Great people in that area.

That's funny, when they shut down the Union Pacific Omaha plant, I went to Lincoln and finished my railroad career at Burlington Northern Santa Fee at Havelock Shops.

Archived