Gibson Brands Forums

Forget the BFG, here's the new WTF!!!

Bluesburst

Okay, so who would pay $7500 for this???

WTFsmall.jpg

It's so bizarre, I would consider it but that at that price! It's the 50th Anniversary Les Paul Korina Tribute guitar available at Provate Reserve Guitars.

http://www.privatereserveguitars.com/Gibson-Custom-50th-Anniversary-Korina-Tribute-Guitar-531001-i1431986.guitars

The Futura headstock is a mismatch, no binding on the neck, crazy selector switch and that knob arrangement, please... I LOVE IT, but not at that price sadly =P~

Over and out

Why do they make this crap! From the god dahm reverse V, to the reverse Explorer.....Then this! Then i bring up an idea For a 84 EXPLORER IN LEFT HANDED and Gibson tells me no!

So basically they are only do stupid ugly models thet wont sell and the company ultimately looses money, and great ideas that will sell alot they ignore.

Get your **** straight Gibson! Your creating your company to go under!

Why do they make this crap! From the god dahm reverse V' date=' to the reverse Explorer.....Then this! Then i bring up an idea For a 84 EXPLORER IN LEFT HANDED and Gibson tells me no!

So basically they are only do stupid ugly models thet wont sell and the company ultimately looses money, and great ideas that will sell alot they ignore.

Get your **** straight Gibson! Your creating your company to go under![/quote']

My best guess? They design that stuff out of wood leftovers... (Its the only thing that would make sense...)

=P~

My best guess? They design that stuff out of wood leftovers... (Its the only thing that would make sense...)

=D>

I think you're right TG. They make a game of it. Yes, that's what they do. They get 3 engineers to drink 3 cases of beer. Then they take two wheelbarrows full of leftover korina wood and dump them on the floor. Yes, that's what they do. Then they give them a the remaining 6 hours of the day to come up with the next great thing. It's kind of like a cross between the word scramble on Soul Train & the TV show Junkyard Wars.

It hurts my feelings just to think about the process. I wonder if Don Cornelius emcees the mess?

Its a corporation thing, most people don't have that as part of their resume.

That single-coil idea, Dimarzio told me that there is no demand, well, what do you say to a guy that has production orders and sales figures in hand?

He actually did me a favor.

I still remember how in the late 70's the major types started to cut their bodies out of multiple pieces of wood.

Just like my 85 Studio, it was never meant to be painted any other way than to hide the face.

You can't knock them for trying to get something off the factory floor in a manner as cheap as possible.

That's why the original Studio had bounding, dot inlays and a painted brand name, a pattern that has since been followed over the years.

I bought that $1,100+ guitar for only $750 only because for the last 3 years nobody wanted to look at it.

The store owner didn't even have to tell me.

It would be almost 20 years before I bothered to look up the numbers.

The articles publicized during the late 70's also mentioned how pre-CBS strats were going for $250, and at the other extreme, you would have someone travel halfway around the world and blow up to $10,000 to get a guitar that would never get played and encased in glass.

Its all supply and demand.

Add to that the most costly element to production, - wages, and it shouldn't surprise you how the most basic version of your favorite guitar can still cost you megabucks.

People do indeed buy with their eyes.

Archived