Gibson Brands Forums

Mike Bloomfield LP

Bluemoon

Well said Axe... :-&

Flight959

Then flight959 went and bought one... on the way to the store ha gave timA a call and told him "you are not going to believe what I am of to buy".

Tim's response was: I already have 2 of those =P~

So, where is Tim? Did he leave?

I think I'm never going to spend $14K on a guitar. And lots of people know who Michael Bloomfield is.

They might know who he is, but he doesn't have the commercial draw of someone like a Jimmy Page or Slash. The people that buy these types of guitars usually aren't players--they are collectors. I just don't see a Bloomfield guitar having that much commercial appeal.

They might now who he is' date=' but he doesn't have the commercial draw of someone like a Jimmy Page or Slash. The people that buy these types of guitars usually aren't players--they are collectors. I just don't see a Bloomfield guitar having that much commercial appeal. [/quote']

This coming from a guy in Chicago? =P~

Kidding, I agree with you. There will be appeal, but it will be on a very limited basis - which is why Gibson was smart to make it a fairly low number limited run.

Two of what...these??

I'm so glad that these babies, who would otherwise have been orphans, have found themselves in a home which is so caring as to be beyond their wildest dreams.

You are kindness incarnate, R9.

Holy sh!t' date=' why wouldnt you just get an r9 and gig the hell out of it for the distress? I mean damn, your paying 8 grande for someone to wank off on your guitar and sh!t.[/quote']

I think that it's because some of these "investors" would kill themselves & others from sonic poisoning if they tried gigging any guitars. They'd be better off dragging an R9 behind their cars. Oh no! I probably gave one of them an idea. Forget what I said. It was all a dream you collecta-pukes.

sls

Well, at least one of us has old vinyl of Bloomfield, and admits it. ;-)

But $14K for a repro? Ummm... not a neurosurgeon, just a lowly rocket scientist, nope, can't afford it.

Maybe it's because a collector would pay $150k for Bloom's old LP in ratty shape, and the factory can repro it for a few folks for 1/10 the price.

Hey, I've got kids to send to college, I can't even afford the LPC I'm gas'ing for in my avatar. ;-) But, reach must exceed grasp, they say. (What a crock.)

That's it: the target consumer is either too rich to be bothered reading much less posting in this forum, or already a successful musician and capable of picking one up from last week's Grammy upsales.

Archived