Gibson Brands Forums

Just sold my Mesa... Amp recommendations please!

stevezapp

So.

I've just sold my Mesa F100 Combo (bit too crunchy for me)and I want to spring for a head and 4 x 12 cab.

I've looked at the Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 head and matching cab, but have read reviews saying it's nothing more than a run of the mill Marshall. I had a twang on one at my local store and liked the sound.

I know everyone has their different tastes in sound and to each his own, but I wondered if anyone has one or has had any experience with the 2466 - or has a recommendation on a head that will cost no more than £700 ($1000).

Steve

So.

I've just sold my Mesa F100 Combo (bit too crunchy for me)and I want to spring for a head and 4 x 12 cab.

I've looked at the Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 head and matching cab' date=' but have read reviews saying it's nothing more than a run of the mill Marshall. I had a twang on one at my local store and liked the sound.

I know everyone has their different tastes in sound and to each his own, but I wondered if anyone has one or has had any experience with the 2466 - or has a recommendation on a head that will cost no more than £700 ($1000).

Steve[/quote']

Steve I have a vintage Modern 2266 which is the 50 Watt version of the 2466. Iam running it through a 1936 2x12 cabinet... Its the best Amp I have ever owned! You need to tweek it to find the sweet spots.. Anyone that says its like a run of the mill Marshall is talking out of there arse!

Got mine about three montha ago from Gak...where they were doing them for £550..

Regards

Flight959

Steve I have a vintage Modern 2266 which is the 50 Watt version of the 2466. Iam running it through a 1936 2x12 cabinet... Its the best Amp I have ever owned! You need to tweek it to find the sweet spots.. Anyone that says its like a run of the mill Marshall is talking out of there arse!

Got mine about three montha ago from Gak...where they were doing them for £550..

Regards

Flight959

You must be a salesman.

Just bought the 2466 100 watt for £550. Not a bad deal - checked GAK and they stock them for £701.

GAK is awesome tho, went there to but an SG a few years back. My god I'd love to go in there with £10k or so.

Looking forward to my VOS and new Marshall 2466 coming on Tues!!!!

You must be a salesman.

Just bought the 2466 100 watt for £550. Not a bad deal - checked GAK and they stock them for £701.

GAK is awesome tho' date=' went there to but an SG a few years back. My god I'd love to go in there with £10k or so.

Looking forward to my VOS and new Marshall 2466 coming on Tues!!!![/quote']

Gak's prices go up and down...

What Cabinet did you get?

Makes sure you buy the correct head to cab lead! It doesnt come with one!

Regards

Flight959

So.

I've looked at the Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 head and matching cab' date=' but have read reviews saying it's nothing more than a run of the mill Marshall. I had a twang on one at my local store and liked the sound.

Steve[/quote']

Just buy another Boogie!!!

Gak's prices go up and down...

What Cabinet did you get?

Makes sure you buy the correct head to cab lead! It doesnt come with one!

Regards

Flight959

I havent commited to a cab yet but i'm liking the idea of the 1936a for home use and maybe spring for the 425a 4x12 next month (spent a fcuk load of cash on gear this month!)

There's a good price on a 1936 in Southampton on ebay which is only 30 mins away, so that might be the one.

Archived