Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Case for J-45 too Tight!

GuitarPlayer919

Btw, the case in the retailer's photo you posted (which was supposedly what they were sending), was Gibson's stock case in the early 2000s. It came with both my 2000 J-100xtra and 2002 J-45 Rosewood. To my knowledge, they haven't used a case with the "Tone, Feel, Appearance" logo in many years.

I have one from 2007 that just has the "Gibson Acoustic" logo, so they simplified the silkscreen logo sometime before that. But it still has blue cat fur lining. It would be interesting to get others here to check their black cat fur models to see if some are from Coast Rica and others from Canada.

It's almost as bad as trying to date a pre-1979 Gibson guitar.....

I have one from 2007 that just has the "Gibson Acoustic" logo, so they simplified the silkscreen logo sometime before that. But it still has blue cat fur lining. It would be interesting to get others here to check their black cat fur models to see if some are from Coast Rica and others from Canada.

It's almost as bad as trying to date a pre-1979 Gibson guitar.....

BTW, the little "Made in Costa Rica" tag was inside the storage compartment.

In addition...

The leather tag to pull open the storage compartment was Black on the case I received..

But the photo from Sweetwater is "Brown" ... The Plot thickens!

qYfxY2jm.jpg

DnHGiKPm.jpg

My 2008 case just says "Gibson Acoustic", the pull tab on the storage compartment is natural leather color, it has blue fur lining and there is no indication of model number or country of manufacture that I can find.

My 2008 case just says "Gibson Acoustic", the pull tab on the storage compartment is natural leather color, it has blue fur lining and there is no indication of model number or country of manufacture that I can find.

Some of the ones I have from the same period have both "Gibson" and "made in Canada" on the storage compartment leather pull tab. Others just say "Gibson" on the tab, but that's a higher-end case for a guitar from the Nashville Custom, Art & Historic shop.

Gibson use several different case designs, usually varying with the cost of the guitar.

Some of the ones I have from the same period have both "Gibson" and "made in Canada" on the storage compartment leather pull tab.

Ha - you're right, did not look closely at the leather tab. The text is rather faded but it does in fact say "made in Canada"! :)

OP here.

The vendor sent me a prepaid label.

I dropped it off at UPS store...

no harm,, no fowl or foul... (well you get the point) <_<

My guitar would have been happy with the basic Gibson case..

Especially at the $125 price tag.

Looks like the Hiscox is the way to go....

Yep. Wrong size. And, normally the inside of the j45 cases are blue. The "large on line dealer" sent you the wrong case. Get back with them to figure out where the misunderstanding arose.

Not true. For a while, around 2014 they were using black inside new J45 cases.

Archived